Zs at the Palace

260ZG

Club Member
As previously mentioned we had two 240Zs at Crystal Palace last weekend.

On the Sunday we had Jill Russell with a DJR tweaked car-well it was running DJR stickers at least :) This car was there last year.

On the Monday we had Geoff Jackson with an interesting beast...

7D-17935.JPG

Yes the G reg is correct and it is a 1969 car.

Yes it is right hand drive and was built that way

Yes it does have 280Z bonnet vents (although you can't see them in this view obviously :))

and finally yes it is chucking petrol out on our track!

Please note that I didn't have a chance to check vin numbers etc and the above is what the Fourways people told me.

Ancaster supplied the course cars again but instead of a 370Z we had an Electric Leaf, I didn't even bother to photograph that one!, but at least the other car was a GTR

260ZG

Club Member
Well there was only 1 Z per day Sean and I have posted some pics.....

I do have other pics from the event that I am still going through -about 5000 of them ( isn't digital wonderful :confused: )

I didn't get to talk to Jill Russell on the Sunday, but did manage a quick chat with the Fourways lot on Monday.

As an aside Geoff was telling me that they have brought the Red and Blue cars out of storage to be sold. (which we had already gathered) They have not been used for some time and the owner seems to be having a clear out as the Astons have already gone.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Any clue when and where for the red one ?

Sorry - looked at your gallery and saw a couple more photos - nothing under-bonnet, inside ?

260ZG

Club Member
it cannot be on a G plate as they were not sold until october 1969 which makes it a H plate

And that was my thought when I first saw it but there it is with a G plate-go figure :)

It is obviously an import but not from the more normal USA Ths one has an Aussie accent.

It had been used for rallying at some point

I wish I had more time to investigate chassis number and get some more photos etc but I was "working".

260ZG

Club Member
Yes we know when G reg should be but:-

It is an early 240Z. It has a G suffix to its registration plate as is evident from the picture.

I don't know how it has come about, and as I said I didn't get the chance to have a look at the chassis number or investigate further.

Dale

Club Member
It needn't be the original plate; there's nothing stopping you from making your car seem older than it is, just not younger. :cool:

Wyn

Club Member
7D-17935.JPG

Yes the G reg is correct and it is a 1969 car.

Yes it is right hand drive and was built that way

Yes it does have 280Z bonnet vents (although you can't see them in this view obviously :))

I take it they came like that, but why was the pressing on the rear panel on the pi55 ?

Wyn

Club Member
To add rigidity to the panel?
why pi55ed is odd but maybe Friday afternoon at the factory :D

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
assume nothng on a Z was an error or last minute thought from Nissan...........except maybe the ****** Datsun badges on the bonnet !

Dale

Club Member
As it would be covered by the bumper in the end, maybe it was an idication during the early stages of production to whether it was a LHD or RHD shell.

I'm probably a million miles off, but it was just a thought.

Dale

Club Member
Read the first post Sean. It is constructed of comments and observations of the car, so everything has been on topic. Apart from your last trolling post of course.

Do you disagree with my idea about the pressing?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
As it would be covered by the bumper in the end, maybe it was an idication during the early stages of production to whether it was a LHD or RHD shell.

I'm probably a million miles off, but it was just a thought.

What's the big mystery? It's a strengthener for what's behind the panel, which is also not central.....