Zrun11.... Das Nurburgring...!!!!!!

Are you up for ..Zrun11 Das Nurburgring...???????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wozzer

Well-Known Forum User
Hello and Welcome to "Das Zrun".......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be a run to the Nurburgring for any Zed owner and (non zed)...:smash:ing....
If your feeling lucky next summer ,you have the chance to join the Impetus that is the Zrun...:thumbs:

PLEASE CHECK THE 1ST PAGE FOR UP-DATE'S

For many year's now ,we have brought you the best in European Run's,,Zrun 06,Zrun08,Zrun09,Zrun10...
This will be a madcapped 3/4 day's of your life ,,with some of the best Northern european road's,,with mountain road's,Tunnel's,and the best bit .. .............."The Nordschleife " that's the Nurburgring ....:driving:

So you ask when can i go on this great trip....Well i'm looking at the last 2 week's in May ,,1st 2 week's in June ..the reason for this is ,that the Nurburgring dont give the date's for 2011 ,untill jan 2011,, but not only that ..I'm want to get the Monday long session (witch is From 13:45 till 19:45) give's the time to cool down between run's(and belive me you will need it)

The route will cover England,France,Belgium,Holland and Germany...:bow:

Here is one of the route's we can take..??? ...Route from Dover to balkhausen it's about 300miles from dover ....so that's 600mile round trip ,,Plus what you do on the ring ...

Here are some link's&pic's to get you in the :driving: mood.....

Zrun07...YouTube - Zrun Amsterdam 2007 ....

Zrun09... YouTube - Zrun09 Amsterdam !!!

Zrun11... Video to come ....!!!

some pic's ....

Zed's looking good

Drifting round Luxembourg

tapas bar...:thumbs:

getting ready for the ring...:eek:

tapas...:D

the gang....:devil:

Zogg and mate's..:eek:

everyone love's the Aceman :bow:

the boy's and beer :thumbs:

opps i got the wrong tyre ....:eek:

1, wozzer
2, madmarco (Yea baby!)
3, You know it makes sense, Croeso
4, IanL
5, Murt
6, Funkyboogalooo
7, Coopers-SWB (hopefully)
8, Yowser
9, Zogg
10, Russ
11, ZX-TT (aslong as my swb is ready)
12, black-zed (i'm only a possible depending on date/work commitments at time dates decided)
13, Dazvert
14, mikey bean ( if car finished ) (clutch might be slipping and warped flywheel)
15, bird
16, groover ( depending on dates)
17, VicThaRealest ( depending on dates )

>>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
1,wozzer
2, madmarco (Yea baby!)
3, You know it makes sense, Croeso :D
4, IanL

murt

Well-Known Forum User
1,wozzer
2, madmarco (Yea baby!)
4, IanL
5, Murt

Coopers-swb

Well-Known Forum User
1,wozzer
2, madmarco (Yea baby!)
4, IanL
5, Murt
6, Funkyboogalooo

wozzer

Well-Known Forum User
Big thank's to everyone who voted so far ...I will be adding more Info as we get closer to the date ...;)

Nurburgring...Info..News..Events....!!!!!

Here is some info on the ring for 1st timer's ....

Some History ... http://nurburgring-history.webeden.c...ome/4530031057

Some one getting it wrong..YouTube - Nürburgring Porsche 720° turn this is just one of many .. did you see the bike at the side of the track ..????

And it's as easy as this .. YouTube - CarFreitag - Nordschleife "Blow your Tires" to blow your tyre and smash your wheel ...

1. Park in the car park and take in your surrounding and the atmosphere for at least 15 mins

2. Buy a single lap ticket for your first lap

3. If you have one wear a helmet even in cars

4. When YOU are ready head for the barriers and start your first lap. When you leave the coned area your off, and remember keep checking your mirrors for faster cars, move over to RIGHT to let them pass (even in right hand corners), use your indicators (right) to let them know, YOU KNOW they are coming past.

5. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT use a stop watch or any form of timing for your lap. One: it’s not allowed and 2: every car that crashes as some form of timing the lap in it. (If you are caught timing yourself you will be banned)

6. Video recording of your lap is not allowed and Nurburgring staff will stop you going onto the track if they see any cameras (You may also get banned from the track).

7. You may come across slow moving traffic on your lap (coaches, slow moving recovery trucks, etc...). Be ready to slow down.

8. If you see waved yellow flags slow right down the track may be blocked, Remember there may not be flags at every accident. You can come over a blind brow and find a wreck in the middle of the track. You need to keep your wits about yourself.

9. Remember 1 lap is 13 miles long, if you brake hard at every corner your brakes may not last a full lap without fading. Take care. Keep an eye on your engines temp, oil etc... If you think something is wrong slow down or stop, don’t drop fluids onto the track under any circumstances

10. Take a rest between laps; it’s amazing how tiring driving the ring can be.

11. Read the DANGER ,stay safe...

12.Nurburgring Emergency Number +49 2691 302215 (put it in your phone NOW!!!).

PLEASE READ...!!!!! It May save Your Life...!!!...(and save you paying out 1000's on damage)

The Nurburgringhas remained a one-way, public toll-road for over 80 years. It is also used by most car manufacturers for testing purposes,also for training lessons or racing events. Since its opening in 1927, the track has been used by the public for "Touristenfahrten" (Tourist driving), Which means it is open to anyone with a road legal car or motorcycle. It is opened mainly on Weekends and weekday evenings. During the winter months and depending on weather conditions and maintenance work, the track may be closed for long periods, up to several weeks at a time.

During Touristenfahrten StVO (German road law) applies despite a common misconception that it is derestricted like a race track. There is no general speed limit, however speed limits exist in certain areas in order to reduce noise and risks. As on public roads, passing on the right is prohibited, and the police take an extremely dim view of poor driving as they will prosecute offenders.

This Nurburgringnorthloop is a popular attraction for many driving and riding enthusiasts from all over the world, partly because of its history and the considerable challenge it still provides. The lack of oncoming traffic and intersections sets it apart from regular roads, and the absence of a blanket speed limit makes it an additional attraction mainly for foreigners.
Drivers on these tourist days cannot quite complete a full lap of the 20.8 km (13 miles) Nordschleife which is bypassing the modern GP-Strecke, as the public entrance and exit from the track has a 200 metre section between them that cannot be used as vehicles are required to pass through a "pit lane" where the toll gates are installed.

Drivers interested in lap times (which can be a dangerous thing to worry about, as running stop watches are frequently found in crashed vehicles) can time themselves between the first bridge on leaving the car park style barrier to the last gantry before they return. Accidents are common, though, and those considering driving around the Nordschleife should read the rules that apply, as well as the "do's" and "don'ts". The 'ring has caught many people out. There is very little run-off and the armco barrier will be hit at almost any speed, should a vehicle leave the tarmac.

Drivers who do crash have a responsibility of warning following vehicles that there has been an incident. They should not try to continue driving as spilled fluids are a hazard to others, and it might be regarded as an attempt to escape the hefty bill for an armco repair. The 'Ring, although being to all intents and purposes a race track when used for racing, still remains a public road when opened to the public, and it is policed as such. Anyone caught or reported as driving dangerously can be fined or banned by the authorities.

Info on the area

The area around the "Ring"....

The Eifel is bordered by the Mosel River in the south and the Rhine in the east. In the north it is limited by the hills of the High Fens (Hohes Venn), in the west by the Ardennes of Belgium and Luxemburg.
There are several distinct chains within the Eifel.
* The northernmost parts are called Ahrgebirge and rise north of the Ahr River in the district of Ahrweiler.
* South of that river there is the Hohe Eifel ("High Eifel"), with the Hohe Acht (747 m) being the highest mountain of the Eifel.
* In the west, on the Belgian border, the hills are known as Schneifel (originally Schnee-Eifel, = "Snowy Eifel"), rising up to 698 m. Also in the west, by the Belgian and Luxembourg border, the region is known as Islek (Aquilania).
* The southern half of the Eifel is less high. It is cut by several rivers running north-south towards the Mosel. The largest of these rivers is the Kyll, and the hills on either side of this river are called the Kyllwald.
* In the south the Eifel is concluded by the Voreifel above the Mosel.

The Eifel and its western continuation into Belgium, the Ardennes, are a part of the Variscan mountain belt and belong to the Rheinisches Schiefergebirge.

* Since 2004 about 110 km² of the Eifel have been protected as the nature reserve Eifel National Park.
* The Nürburg Ring, one of the world's most famous motor racing courses, is located in the Eifel. The northern loop (Nordschleife) of the course is also known as the Green Hell (Grüne Hölle), because of its long, difficult and dangerous path through the local forest.

Place's to stay .....

Link's .....

Hotel An Der Nordschleife

Burgstube Nürburg - Hotel at the Nürburgring - +49 170 8080256

more to come ...

There is some talk about needing a TUV.......Before you can run the Nurburgring, this is a proof of the car/bike is in good working order ..I.E..an MOT ....

Last edited by Wozzer; 14-11

wozzer

Well-Known Forum User
Ok ..the cost ...you're looking at ....!!!

The Ferry (dover to france and back)....£50 +/- (3 DAY RETURN)
The hotel 2 night's about £50 a night PP
The fuel about 3 to 4 tank's (+ what you use on the ring)
The grub about £30 pp a day
The beer well (that's up to you)

The route/maps/and anything else you need...see below..!!!

I hope this give's you an idea ....;)

if you need help (call me on 07905370465 OR email wozzer300zx@virginmedia.com)

Legrath

Well-Known Forum User
1,wozzer
2, madmarco (Yea baby!)
4, IanL
5, Murt
6, Funkyboogalooo
8, Yowser (err.. Legrath)

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
1,wozzer
2, madmarco (Yea baby!)
4, IanL
5, Murt
6, Funkyboogalooo
8, Yowser (err.. Legrath)
9. Russ (added name on Facebook)

progress.gif

murt

Well-Known Forum User
1, wozzer
2, madmarco (Yea baby!)
4, IanL
5, Murt
6, Funkyboogalooo
8, Yowser
9, Zogg
10, Russ
12, black-zed (i'm only a possible depending on date/work commitments at time dates decided)

murt

Well-Known Forum User
1, wozzer
2, madmarco (Yea baby!)
4, IanL
5, Murt
6, Funkyboogalooo
8, Yowser
9, Zogg
10, Russ
13, Dazvert
14, mikey bean ( if car finished ) (clutch might be slipping and warped flywheel)
15, bird
16, groover ( depending on dates)

wozzer

Well-Known Forum User
look's like some of the Skyline GTR boy's are up for this ...from the miss banzai tunnel run ,,

we may need to call it the Nissan Zrun11 ....lol...

wozzer

Well-Known Forum User
Only 6 week's too go and we will know the day's for 2011.:bow:.(Off to Europe tommoz to have a look at the route,,and book the last night party in Brugge).....:thumbs::smash::thumbs:

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
look's like some of the Skyline GTR boy's are up for this ...from the miss banzai tunnel run ,,

we may need to call it the Nissan (plus Jaaaaaggggg XKR Supercharged support car) Zrun11 ....lol...:D...

yep, still sounds good to me..! ;)
Only 6 week's too go and we will know the day's for 2011.:bow:.(Off to Europe tommoz to have a look at the route,,and book the last night party in Brugge).....:thumbs::smash::thumbs:..

Great stuff Wozz, I luv the smell of burning rubber in the morning..! :D