ZFarm still trading ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedhed

Club Member
Guys I've had my car at the ZFarm for some time but they've become (unusually) unresponsive.

I've got a very valuable Z car awaiting a new engine installation there, plus new engine and suspension.

No answer to emails,main number goes on voicemail within a couple of rings, and Duncan's mobile voicemail is now full.

I'm getting pretty worried, but perhaps there's an explanation.

Does anyone have regular contact with them and know if they are OK/still trading?

Anyone been there to visit lately, and is the workshop still active?

Please put my mind at rest and save me a trip...

Thanks, Nick

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
I spoke to Duncan around late November time. All seemed fine then but I guess it was 2.5 months ago.

zedhed

Club Member
Guys, Duncan actually just called me, and he said my car suspension is now on, and my car is the next one up for engine installation. I think they are honestly just snowed under, and a very busy company in demand - as we all try to get our cars ready for spring. Duncan has had a bout of flu which hasn't helped. Anyway, I'm glad he's gotten in touch, and we'll catch up again on the 23rd to see how things are going. Hopefully we'll have the 3.0 engine in and running soon. Until then!
Best, Nick

zedhed

Club Member
Gentlemen, I would welcome any comments or PMs about your experiences with this company, from those of you who have experienced using them first hand.

Many thanks

Ian

Club Member
Bound to be great with a 3L in it, make sure you post some photos when its done.

Would be good to hear some reviews of their work at Z farm.

zedhed

Club Member
I will post up reviews about the work as I've had several requests to do so.

I'm at the end of a long ground up restoration - final bits are installation of rebuilt suspension and a new engine I bought in the USA plus DJ SS RHD ceramic coated exhaust. I've supplied everything

Work involves:
- minor snagging list incl. Fuel gauge sender
- install exhaust
- install US built 3.0 engine with triple Webers, Mallory ignition, interior and exterior balanced, lightened flywheel (all components supplied)
- get it running without damage
- install rebuilt Gaz suspension with Audi A3 rear and Range Rover front brakes (all parts supplied and brakes were already on the car)

That's it. I've run out of time to do it as not enough garage space, new baby and major work commitments - usual story :)

I'm not in any big rush but preferred not to wait longer than 4 months
Nick

Craig_260

Well-Known Forum User
sorry to dig an old thread up but has anyone heard about Z Farm (Duncan) are they still trading?

JK240

Club Member
What with Duncan gone bust and Mike Feeney out of service, perhaps there is a gap in the market. Dragons Den moment anyone :D

zedhed

Club Member
What with Duncan gone bust and Mike Feeney out of service, perhaps there is a gap in the market. Dragons Den moment anyone :D

Sorry to hear about Mike hope he gets back in action soon. Honest sterling service and one of the most knowledgeable if not the most knowledgeable z experts in the business. Kept a lot of cars going mine included.

Status
Not open for further replies.