Zemerald Isle Tour 2010

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Zemerald Isle Tour 2010

After talking to Trish and Andrew at Z009 the subject of a week long trip to Ireland in 2010 was discussed and the proposed dates are around the end of June/
beginning of July

It is proposed to get the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin and the actual departure date will be decided after checking the best value day to travel

Our Irish friends have offered to take care of routes to places of interest location/hotels/b&bs/shopping trips etc etc

The actual date will not be confirmed until ealy 2010 after the ferry companies new price structure is announced

This is going to happen, so if you fancy a trip to Ireland mark the approx dates in your diaries for next year

funkyboogalooo

Active Forum User
I am very likely to be up for this chances are though I will do Fishguard-Dublin as I am pretty close to there. I would like Mrs Boogalooo to come if Jonesey doesn't want to join me.

T

tulip

as soon as you guys have decided on dates we will get working on an itinerary, would hope to include some nice driving roads, places of interest, shopping and last but not least a bit of night time "craic"
@martin the more the merrier, you guys are scarce on the ground over here
@mike(funkyboogaloo) would be great to meet up again

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
We now have firm dates set for this there wiil be travelling over to Ireland on the Saturday 3rd july and returning to England on the Sunday 11th of July

We are planing to do an overnight stop on the Friday 2nd July somewere near Holyhead
and again another overnight stop on the Sunday 11th July just in case England reach the world Cup final

More updates as they occur

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Tulip and I met up today in Dundalk to talk over the plans for the trip. We now have an outline itinerary of dates, places to go and things to see. We now have to make a few phone calls to confirm prices of hotels and places of interest that we'd like to visit so that we can give you as much information as possible.

Watch this space for more information coming very soon.

Please add your name here if you'd like to make the trip to Ireland so that we have a rough idea of the numbers we're going to be catering for.

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
You have a add Glendalough to your places to see and take a spin over the wicklow gap, its great.

Not sure if I can make this yet, depends how busy work is.

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Briefly, just as a teaser, the Southern Ireland leg of the trip will take place from the morning of Sat 3rd July - evening Tue 6th July. Tulip will give you exact details but will take in the spectacular scenery, fantastic driving roads and places of interest on the west coast of Ireland.

The Northern Ireland leg of the trip will be from the morning of Wed 7th July - evening Friday 9th July and time permitting will include visits to the Marble Arch caves in Enniskillen, the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh, the Old Bushmills Distillery and the Giants Causeway before travelling the wonderful North Antrim coastal route and then the finally taking in the 'Ards Peninsula to Portaferry and the ferry across Strangford Lough to Castleward.

Returning to Dublin on Friday night, Saturday will be the ideal opportunity to use up those left over Euros shopping in Dublin. (Don't forget its Euros in the South and Sterling in the North.)

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Looking good the only thing is the SaT morning as we hope to take the 8 oclockish ferry form hollyhead and that arrives about 11/12ISH

T

tulip

hi all, this is a brief outline details to be confirmed

sat dublin to ennis, co clare approx 155mls with a stop for lunch/sightseeing this will be the longest day of driving. overnight in ennis.

sun ennis to galway approx 42mls. taking in bunratty castle/folk park, the burren, and the cliffs of moher. overnight in galway city.

mon am shopping taking in a bit of galway city, then the n59 via clifden to westport co. mayo approx 90mls, check out top gear they did this route as "1 of the roads you should drive" in jan of this year, in the snow. taking in letterfrack and the killary fjord. overnight in westport

tues westport out to achill island through mulranny, on to ballina, sligo, drumcliffe(the grave of wb yeats) overnight in sligo or bundoran.

tues pm or wed am join up with andrew and crew

double rooms should be somewhere around 79e b+b pn

T

tulip

hi all, this is a brief outline details to be confirmed

sat dublin to ennis, co clare approx 155mls with a stop for lunch/sightseeing this will be the longest day of driving. overnight in ennis.

sun ennis to galway approx 42mls. taking in bunratty castle/folk park, the burren, and the cliffs of moher. overnight in galway city.

mon am shopping taking in a bit of galway city, then the n59 via clifden to westport co. mayo approx 90mls, check out top gear they did this route as "1 of the roads you should drive" in jan of this year, in the snow. taking in letterfrack and the killary fjord. overnight in westport

tues westport out to achill island through mulranny, on to ballina, sligo, drumcliffe(the grave of wb yeats) overnight in sligo or bundoran.

tues pm or wed am join up with andrew and crew

double rooms should be somewhere around 79e b+b pn

Gaz 300

Well-Known Forum User
Hi guys and Trish I would like to seek permission to meet up with your tour on the Northern Ireland side as I will be home from a holiday on the 6th July.It would be nice to travel down the north Antrim coast with you and finaly see some other zeds after two and a half years of ownership the 300zx is a rare sight around Belfast.So if possible could you give me details of were and what time you would be starting the run down the Antrim coast:)