Zeeeee!!!

Tony 260Z

Club Member
On Monday night I parked outside a restaurant and as I went in I passed a bunch of people on their way out. They were in their late forties/early fifties I guess. I didn't think anything of it. Until a moment later...

"Hey!!!! Zeeee!!!!" came the cry from outside. I turned round to see one of the (obviously American) chaps pointing at my Z before running across the road and having a good look. The rest of the crowd stood looking and jabbering to each other for a minute before walking off. From what I could see it looked as if a couple of the guys had owned (or did own) some type of Z.

You wouldn't get that reaction from Brits I suppose, but they seemed genuinely excited. I was really chuffed!

Anyway, the best bit was that the Bentley Continental GT I was parked next to didn't get a look in! And then a young lad and (presumably) his girlfriend walked past and he took a photo of the Z with his phone, not the Bentley! LOL!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
They must have been over here for a while then, as it isn't as though you don't see many Z's in the US!
Did you go over and say.. "Excuse me old chap!....It's Zed not Zee!":D
Cheerz,
JEZ

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Well, I did think about going over to say hello, but then my takeaway curry was given to me and I wanted to get home quickly :)

You might be right Jez, either that or they didn't think there were any Z's in the country!

Rob, you mean you don't get all excited when you see a Z? Shame on you!

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
I might throw myself down a lonely mountainside, fall in front of said vehicle and say "nice car mate"....................but I never get over excited in public ;)