Zeds for sale

status

Well-Known Forum User
Couple of Zeds on flea bay if anyone is looking,a 2+2 which seemsgood money as they are quite rare nowdays and two 240Zs one is about twenty K more expensive,any reason for that ?

richiep

Club Member
This one ? The Datsun 240Z-GTR.....does the seller even understand what GT-R implies ? For more than 'simply' an engine !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Datsun-2...482742?hash=item366fb6c436:g:ZisAAOSw2mhfxM3N
And what point are you trying to make exactly Sean? Yeah, it’s a bit of a lazy title calling it a 240Z GTR, but the listing is an auction house and snappy shortcuts are often the way. Some of the other copy is a bit cringeworthy (waffle about bumper rubbers etc) but the core info is based on detail provided by the owner/seller and is pretty accurate. I know the car and it’s owner; it’s damn good and I’d be happy to own it.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
And what point are you trying to make exactly Sean? Yeah, it’s a bit of a lazy title calling it a 240Z GTR Some of the other copy is a bit cringeworthy (waffle about bumper rubbers etc)

Firstly, I asked Paul if the said car was the one he was referring to being £20k more expensive and

secondly, I copied the sales title to imply why it might be £20k more than another.

Lastly....

the core info is based on detail provided by the owner/seller and is pretty accurate.

.....if I was the owner, I'd want more control on the copy used for advertising my car.

I know the car and it’s owner; it’s damn good and I’d be happy to own it.

Happy for all of you - I WASN'T in anyway criticising the car - is that clear enough for you ?:):chillpill:

Personally, and to be clear again for you, and strictly my personal opinion, I'd have left it LHD, bought some Vietnamese bumpers chromed or in stainless-steel and saved myself probably nigh approaching £15k.

..............if anyone does want MY list of negative points on the car which, please note "the vendor estimates the project has cost him a six-figure sum" and without throwing a tantrum:rolleyes:, I'll be happy to share.;)

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah but no one has answered my question regarding the price difference between the two Zeds with funny paint schemes,That white Zed is my dream Zed,right colour right engine,I’ll have to make do with my Rebello powered Datsun for now ,

Sam_C

Club Member
Beautiful car. But why not sort out the few faults in it before advertising? “Speedo bulb just needs popping in..” Well pop the @#£&er in then! “Tailgate just needs a bit of adjustment...” Ditto! And connect the heater up. It would take as long to do all these things as it would to explain it all to the auction house, try and justify it (in the case of the heater) and for them to write about it.
Would have been a great buy for someone at the price it closed at though, if it had sold.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Is that the reason for the 2ok difference in price,
Still no one can explain,I must be missing something,I’ll get me coat

uk66fastback

Club Member
What two cars are you comparing? The white £50k one and the Aston Martin Silver £27k one? I'm not quite sure ... maybe you can confirm.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Ah. Thanks for the clarification. It's all been said on other threads already ... as a newbie to the Z I don't pretend to understand the 'significance' of the Samuri cars - although they seem to be popular and well thought of - but the waters are completely muddied (to me) as regards the history of a lot of the cars and this mythical 'register' ... I'm not really a fan as while I can respect the work done on them, I'm now more of a bone stock kinda guy and I'm not a fan of the colour scheme (!) but back then it was probably considered as my dad would have said, 'lairy' ...

richiep

Club Member
The waters are pretty muddied for everyone Mike! The Register is here:
http://www.samuri.eu/index_files/Page1566.htm

As covered elsewhere, it is most definitely not definitive and features cars that are not original Samuris while missing others. As Alan has argued on previous threads, the ones with real meaningful significance are the first few on the list with competition history, most especially FFA, Big Sam, and LAL. Most of the others are road going customer cars with variations on a basic spec of upgrades that are, these days, nothing particularly special for a modern period-influenced fast road car - engine head and cam work, triple carbs, exhaust, brake upgrades, etc. The mythical qualities are reflected glory from the genuine race cars and the fact that Spike's operation was the first tuning brand associated with Zs in the UK. In the global scheme, it was local at best - a classic Brit in a shed tinkering and improvising (I've heard stories of him literally porting heads with them still on the engine in the car!). Bluntly, nothing done there was exceptional compared to things done in Japan or the US in period. It just gets amp'ed up to 11 sometimes by the usual media regurgitation and the "ooh, my neighbour/uncle/dad/old boss/insert tenuous acquaintance here had a Samuri!" stories you occasionally hear when someone sees your S30Z. Plenty of the Sams left today are indeed nice cars (I personally love the paint scheme, but I'm a fetishist for 70s stuff as my penchant for flared jeans suggests!), but it gets a bit silly sometimes - usually when some hack dealer advertises one!

status

Well-Known Forum User
But know ones answered my question yet have they,20 k difference any reason why,is one car more of a pig than the other or is one owner on something ,anyone ?