Zedfest 2011 - a good day out

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Went along to Zedfest yesterday and returned home about 10pm last night. First reaction was that there were not many of the usual crowd there - perhaps they'll go along today.
However just like the LakeZ meet there was a healthy contingent of 350Z members and a 370Z owner.
As the day progressed I met more and more new faces and once again thoroughly enjoyed myself. Derek's event just ‘works’ for me. There is always a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Throttleton (and his mate Steve) had brought some fibreglass wings down for me – that was fun getting them into my 240 to bring home. My rollcage didn’t help, I had to remove my passenger seat and it was still tight.

Trish (Tulip) and husband had come over from Ireland and were very welcome guests. Vaughan Hughes came up from Devon in his ex Fourways green 240 and brought his lad Rees with him. They were very good company and helped me a lot with my wings.

It was also good to see Mandy and Richard Heathcote again.

I met ‘Vern’ for the first time. He came over from Birmingham in his lovely Classic 911 and was after some encouragement and measurements for his 240 restoration – a great guy.
Also met Highway Star (Stephen) with his 260Z and Steve Burns manged to hire him a tent for the price of a years membership fee - good thinking guys.

Thanks Derek, a nice gathering in a lovely location.

Last edited by a moderator:

martinmac

Inactive
Just back after a great weekend. . Not a bad turnout and even the weather was kind to us.

Its always great to meet other members and see some lovely cars. Well done Derek, another fantastic Zedfest. :thumbs:

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Dezmond...............z'fest

A mazzive Great Big Derek Sulley Sized 'Beer Hug To DEREK SULLEY For being what he alway'z izz: A damned good Host & hard working organizer of ZEDFEST. He does fabulously considering He'ez not well........Pluz he turned up in fancy dress...As CAPT BIRDZEYE! Anyway.......great to see people I miss & ones that missed me...He,he,he. My Personal Thanks To all there & The Z spirit Lives on.....Due to these wonderfully Passionate Peepz & their car'z.........Big Hug To Trish & Bill who flew Over From Ireland,Hope you have a pleazant few days over here till you fly back! Missed Jakko & some Other Familiar faces.....Great To see The Heathcote Family......Made me Think Of my ole' Mate Sean..........Yes I miss Him Terribly....... Steve Burns,Paul Wrangler,John & all & anyone I've not mentioned(barry on catering Wagon......Bee G U know Who........All The Z's Nice Ferrari.......A porche..... Som Trees..........A field........ & Nevilles Twin bro Who Said: I'm NUT NEVILLE He's an UGLY Barsteward......... Up the tempo on The Next ZEDFEST Letz Get Some attendence......& some lively crew Participating......Thanks To Nathan.........& finally som bloke on a bike Who rode past ZEDFEST.......:cool: DJZ 60

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I turned up on Sunday - probably missed most people but did manage to meet RichyP. Some stunning cars there! Seeing the few S30's there gave me a few ideas for mine so was well worth going down! Seemed like a great bunch of people!

Thanks for putting the show on!

Dan

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i was there ,saturday and sunday with the family but in a renault scenic ,not quite the same as a 240Z !!!!!!!

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
Am disappointed I wasn't there, :unsure:

Sounds like it was fun again and Derek in Fancy dress???? Whatever next..! :eek:

Will try harder next year :D

M

madmarco

Great weekend! Thanks to Derek for another succesful Zedfest. Highlights for me were the sports event and AGM, and of course the music provided by DJ and the excellent cars and company. Cant wait for next year! Must remember not to mix beer and whisky though...

T

tulip

back home safe and sound, what a weekend!!!!!! well done derek, we were actually the first there 11am fri
great company with old friends lots of drink and craic, steve, paul, john, djz derek, bee gee marco , met some lovely new people martin, liz the heathcote family, rob
special thanks to our neighbours lee(bird) and janine they know why!!! and thanks for great company and laughs

special:bow: to raj for the lift to nottingham train station, we spent sun/mon night in skegness and tues wed in coventry????????????????? i know still wrecked
missed a few old friends especially chris he would have had a kitchen sink