Zedfest 2010

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Okay peeps. It'll evolve (like it does) but for the meantime, check it out...

ZedfestFlyer.png

Arkwright

Inactive
ZED – FEST 10
Once again I am pleased to announce that the above event will be held at Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Mansfield Lane, Calverton, Notts. NG14 6HP on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 20, 21 & 22 August 2010. Please note that the date has been brought forward to avoid the clash with JAE.

For those of you who are new to Sherbrooke there are 22 acres of grassland plus a five acre wood.. There is one clean but basic toilet block with loos, wash basins and showers. There is a modern barn and social centre with outside patio area and picnic benches. Oil drum BBQ’s are freely available.

We will have a licensed bar and excellent catering on site. All main meals plus snacks will be available at reasonable cost between 8am and 10pm. We will hold an inter club sports competition with some “easy” motoring related sports.
(The Z Club AGM will be held during Saturday afternoon). Your cars will be on show for the whole event and judging will be held on Sunday lunchtime followed by prizegiving. Fancy dress on Saturday night is optional.

Background music for the entire event will be provided by our very own DJZ complete with lazer and smoke show. There will be dancing on Friday and Saturday nights and on Saturday most of you will be aware of our members group, “THIS BURNING AGE.” who will be playing for us.

There will be an entry fee charged of £10 per person for the event. Tickets can be obtained prior to the event by ordering from : shop@zclub.net (payment by paypal) these will include a free taster CD from the band THIS BURNING AGE who will be playing for us on Saturday night. You can also pay at the gate. Camping will be £2.50 per person per night. Caravans & mobile homes admitted at extra charge (no hook-ups). Small children and pets free. Local hotels and B&B’s are available but you are requested to make your own arrangements.

TRADERS; All club traders are invited to attend. You can set up your own display, big or small for a donation of £20 for the whole event. Come and meet your customers in a friendly convivial atmosphere. It’s good to see the voice on the phone or the finger on the keyboard. If you don’t want to set up a display a gazebo and a banner will suffice just come along and show your customers who you are.

Free car booting for non traders to get rid of those useful parts you no longer need.

Once again I will need the help of volunteers to assist with the smooth running. It is always good to see new faces helping out.

There is still much to plan and new ideas are always welcome. Please mark these dates on your calendar, this will be a weekend to remember. Further information will be circulated as it becomes available.

All enquiries to me, “Arkwright” email: shop@zclub.net

chesterfield

Active Forum User
As posted on the 350 site too, it was great to catch up with everyone again! Congratulations to everyone whom won awards for their cars and everyone else for making what is always a brilliant show.

Thanks to Derek for some cracking organisation yet again, the shlters were brilliant for both rain and shine - really created a nice social ara for everyone. Sadly I didnt get to see the blue room in all its glory at night as I was out for a meal with friends (thats my excuse for not camping in the rain and Im sticking to it!)

The cars from Nisan on the Satuday were great too. The ability for people to be able to get in and drive a 370 during the day was very well received.

Some fantastic looking cars yet again too. Immaculate 240's & 260's to mention only a couple. To get and keep a car of that age in such concourse condition is testament to some pretty hard work.

Looking forward to the next showing with the Z club already!

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Sir derek sulley

Dear DALEK

Dezmond Thanx'z for an immenzly wonderful weekend at ZEDFEST It waz great to see people I have spoken to but not had the chance to meet personally.Ben & Dee & many many other'z. Itz Derek'z attention to detail & the unseen hard work in prep b4 the event which makez ZEDFEST a truly memorable Event.
Rollin Body Shell'z, Ben's 787...Gull winged370, Ferrari yes a Beaut!!!!!!! BEE GEE VINZ 'singin in the rain....TIMEZONE a wonderful nostalgik band (Thanx'z John) Fabulos catering Steve(PORKENSTEIN) Enjoying hiz Run at 4.30 A.M LOL.
JAKKO WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! He filled the dancefloor!!!!!! & got the scout kidz goin mental too! he,he,he (I filmed thiz) THANX'z DEREK ,Nathan
I looked & looked & alas....One thing I surely missed thiz year A 240 Yes THE ALLAN EXLEY SAM.............But....The AWARD For MR.EX That has NEVER EVER been Truly dezerved to a Finer Man....Bless JNR You are alwayz
Proud alwayz In dadz heart & eyes. Smile & remember Dad tearing up the country lanes Wow wat memories......... R'gardz n Thanx'z

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
Another great weekend at Zed Fest, I had a great time and good to catch up with everyone. :cheers:

Good selection of cars covering the nearly the whole range of Zeds from the 240 right up to the 370z. :thumbs:

Managed to get a blast in the 370z Convertible supplied by Nissan which was good (went as a passenger and got the Nissan rep to show me what it could do) very torquey engine.

A really good time and look forward to next year. :D

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So who saw the fibreglass 240Z then?? Any pics, comments?

FAO Datsun Dave and Rich - sorted the leaking fuel regulator. Took it to bits and re-assembled it, it has a rubber diaphram which couldn't of been seating properly but I don't know why :unsure:. It's very simple inside though and by the way it worked fine going home at the low '1' setting i.e. no fuel starvation and no leaks.

Yes I too thought it good of Nissan to bring along cars to the show - perhaps they'll do it again with a GTR :thumbs:. Seriously well done Martin Mac, only good can come out of it for both sides. Next thing they'll want a smart 240 for the showroom.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
So who saw the fibreglass 240Z then?? Any pics, comments?

i had look and spoke to the guys from FRP Automotive, very helpful and from what i can gather is that the datsun is an on going project when they have time ,but they have a couple of proper datsuns between them and they seem to have a soft spot for them.they had some light weight doors,and standard weight bonnet and spoiler with them as examples of their work and they looked to be good quality.i spoke to them about a race bonnet in carbon fiber and they will get back to me about the price and i asked about a front scuttle panel which they will be making soon.i think ben spoke to them about some doors.

Dale

Club Member
It seems that only a couple of people enjoyed themselves then? :unsure:

C'mon, any more photos? Coz there must have been more than four S30's there!

Any more comments on the 370's supplied by Nissan? A nice drive? The fibreglass shell? Do you think all the little bolt-ons and brackets will just 'bolt on' etc?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Looking at the S30s here, I've gone right off deep-front spoilers, especially on standard-bodied cars !

tel240z

Club Member
It seems that only a couple of people enjoyed themselves then? :unsure:

C'mon, any more photos? Coz there must have been more than four S30's there!

Any more comments on the 370's supplied by Nissan? A nice drive? The fibreglass shell? Do you think all the little bolt-ons and brackets will just 'bolt on' etc?

will this do ya

Attachments

• DSCF0724.JPG
    DSCF0724.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0690.JPG
    DSCF0690.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0695.JPG
    DSCF0695.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0691.JPG