Zed or Zee?

Loagz

Forum User
Just a small greeting to all the members of this great forum and my who where what.

Joined the forum for advice, info, ideas and mainly to help fuel the fire under me to return my Z to its glory.

My story below tells of how I was destined to own it.

I was privileged by chance to purchase my Z as my first car at the age of 16 from a local auction and was eager to own it as I came from a dedicated PrinceDatsunNissan family.

I discovered the Z had been sold earlier that day so decided on a Mazda RX7 S5 as second choice, um...yeh. However, I couldn't stop thinking about the Z and having a Mazda in the drive wouldn't sit well with the others so I thought I'd be slightly brash by asking if my details could be passed onto the Z purchaser as I would be intrested in on-buying it from him, even if it meant paying more than he had to secure it.

This is where fate intervenes, the stars align and I empty my luck-bag as I was told the purchaser was unable to complete the sale earlier that morning and it's due to be re-auctioned that afternoon. However, if I "could produce payment of the auction price with the required admin fees within 60minutes, you can purchase and take ownership of the vehicle" I pulled the cash out of my pocket so fast the friction almost ignited it. I couldn't believe it.

As I drove through the doors of the auction house heading for home I was stopped by a gentleman who enquired if I would be intrested in selling the vehicle, and deep down then I knew.
"No way! sorry mate, we were destined to be together!"

I look forward hobbling out to my garage at the age of 70+ and still have my very first car I ever owned.