Zcarparts delivery

johnymd

Club Member
it still amazes me just how quick parts can arrive from the US. I ordered a selection of engine parts on Thursday evening and they arrived at a depot 5 miles from my house last night. Should be out for delivery and with me today.

The service from zcarpats is second to none IMO.

Matt Berry

Club Member
I also had a good experience with their delivery. Can’t say the same for DHL though. Ordered some bits from RHD Japan which came to around £360 and they sent me a import tax invoice for £1901! Obviously they messed it up, it took nearly a week plus £40 in phone calls to sort out, then a 80 mile round trip to collect my bits on a Friday afternoon from the depot so I could still carry out the work on the Saturday :bs:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I bought a part from a member in Birmingham UK on Oct 28 and it still hasn't got to me!

uk66fastback

Club Member
Rockauto I always find good. I don't know how you got the parts that quick John - was it UPS doing the shipping? I think they take the money for the import duty when they drop them off or online etc. DHL are the worst for this, they send you a bloody letter, or did a couple of years ago.

How many parts was it?

I’m just having an experiment with ‘shipitto’. I’ll report how that goes.

Rock auto is so much cheaper than buying in the Uk, even with duty.

Rhd Japan, nothing but good things to say.

johnymd

Club Member
I ordered all the isky parts needed to do a cam install (cam,rockers, springs, caps, plus chain kit, gasket set, and a few other parts) and it weighed in at 28kg. Sent by FedEx so should get the duty invoice a week or so after delivery.

Robbie J

Club Member
I ordered some bits for T3 to a US address I'm out there and can hand carry them back, still not arrived after a month of ordering.. The silvermine stuff arrived in a week....

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I ordered all the isky parts needed to do a cam install (cam,rockers, springs, caps, plus chain kit, gasket set, and a few other parts) and it weighed in at 28kg. Sent by FedEx so should get the duty invoice a week or so after delivery.
What were the other bits? 5 x 5kg weights? [emoji12]

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I ordered some bits for T3 to a US address I'm out there and can hand carry them back, still not arrived after a month of ordering.. The silvermine stuff arrived in a week....

They're inundated from their sale and its put them weeks behind, my order from a long time ago is still on back order. Normally super fast....