zcar parts coilover conversion kit

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
Is there anyone in the UK that can supply a set of coilovers with adjustable camber plates for the 280z , literally want a full kit but no Hastle importing and getting hit with import duty too .

richiep

Club Member
Do Gaz always want the existing a shocks to modify though ?

Nobody does an off the shelf solution that's completely bolt in because the strut tubes and spindles/hub assemblies are one piece. You'll always need to supply your strut tubes to them or weld on a coilover kit yourself. S30s are a different kettle of fish to the bolt-on culture of more modern Jap stuff for example...

BC Racing is another alternative. Height, damping and camber adjustable. As above, fabrication required as a threaded sleeve must be welded onto the bottom of the strut.

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/applicat...m-strut-70-73/br-series-coilover-type-rh.html

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
Not after a complete bolt on kit I'd quite happily cut the existing strut towers , mainly need something with adjustable camber plates as thinking in the future I may fit overfenders and wider wheels to fill the arches out.

Just after the info on where to get them from really probably got £1000 to spend on coilovers.

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
Tel240z your car looks awesome can remember it from pod earlier in the year.

So pretty much what ever I do the company will need my existing shocks to work with?

johnymd

Club Member
The GAz kit is over £1000 and that doesn't include camber plates. I'm running their adjustable strutts with ground control camber plates and adjustable TTT bottom arms and tie rod. You will need to cut a big hole in the top of the strutt tower though. This setup will set you back the best pat of 2.5k. If you don't go with the bottom arms your still looking at over1.5k. £1000 doesn't get much with s30's.

The GAz kit is over £1000 and that doesn't include camber plates. I'm running their adjustable strutts with ground control camber plates and adjustable TTT bottom arms and tie rod. You will need to cut a big hole in the top of the strutt tower though. This setup will set you back the best pat of 2.5k. If you don't go with the bottom arms your still looking at over1.5k. £1000 doesn't get much with s30's.

I've always been quoted under £1k direct, only £1k+ if you go though a middle man:unsure: