Z31 brake disc to hub spacer needed for toyota caliper upgrade

toopy

Club Member
So, Im doing the brake upgrade as per the title, only i completely missed one important step, as below

Of course, the other Hilux setup is the S12-W caliper, with a 1/2" spacer and a Z31 300ZX n/a vented disc. That's what my car has and is available from various sources as a kit, no faffing about required.

I had in my head the Peugeot brake disc scenario that doesn't require a hub spacer for the 260z!
reading back over the brake upgrade thread i realised this from Richie P, had utterly fallen off my radar!! :confused:

Im really f*^*ing annoyed with myself now, the cars already been up on axle stands for 3 weeks while ive been sorting out the hubs and longer wheel bolts :mad:

So, doe's anyone happen to have said spacer's lying about per chance?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Please explain what you want.

I might have something (disc-hub) that you could adapt. It was machined for me by DJ.

I'm just off out for the day.

Attachments

• 20170511_110005.jpg
    20170511_110005.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170511_110010.jpg
    20170511_110010.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170511_110018.jpg
    20170511_110018.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 18

toopy

Club Member
Please explain what you want.

I might have something (disc-hub) that you could adapt. It was machined for me by DJ.

I'm just off out for the day.

Hi Rob, those rather thick spacers in your pictures are for fitting bigger wheels by the looks of it, I need a spacer that fits between the brake disc and the back of the hub, it appears it would only be about 10mm thickness.

I need these http://www.silverminemotors.com/datsun/datsun-260z/brake-kit-individual-parts/spacer

Last edited:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Rob, those rather thick spacers in your pictures are for fitting bigger wheels by the looks of it, I need a spacer that fits between the brake disc and the back of the hub, it appears it would only be about 10mm thickness.

I need these http://www.silverminemotors.com/datsun/datsun-260z/brake-kit-individual-parts/spacer

No they are for placing the disc in a different position and what you need but too wide. I was suggesting that they could be reduced fairly easily (on a lathe) rather than starting afresh.

toopy

Club Member
No they are for placing the disc in a different position and what you need but too wide. I was suggesting that they could be reduced fairly easily (on a lathe) rather than starting afresh.

Ah ok, they looked like hub centric spacers.

Thanks for the offer Rob, appreciated, but i think by the time you've posted them and ive got round to having them machined, i might as well have ordered them from the good ole US of A, and plus i know they will fit first attempt!

Rain has stopped play, and the car is now enjoying an impromptu wash :rolleyes:
IMG_3167.JPG

atomman

Club Member
I've got some spacers left , I made a few sets while back

send me over a pm and i can send them out Monday if your stuck dude

Gary

Attachments

• C7F1548D-F962-4BE6-B83C-9C70CDE8B8A4_zpskwcj1qae.jpg
    C7F1548D-F962-4BE6-B83C-9C70CDE8B8A4_zpskwcj1qae.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

toopy

Club Member
I've got some spacers left , I made a few sets while back

send me over a pm and i can send them out Monday if your stuck dude

Gary

Gary, just to confirm these spacers are for Z31 discs on 260 hubs and not Peugeot discs on 240 hubs, which I believe you used originally a few years back?
To work they need to be 9mm thick apparently.

atomman

Club Member
I do have a few different thicknesses as i was playing round with the pug replacements to get them to sit right,

I will have a measure later and if there not i will machine a set down for you to 9mm tommorow

toopy

Club Member
I do have a few different thicknesses as i was playing round with the pug replacements to get them to sit right,

I will have a measure later and if there not i will machine a set down for you to 9mm tommorow

That would be great, much appreciated :thumbs:

atomman

Club Member
I had a measure this morning with a Z31 disc I have lying round. Does the disc look the right size ? 250mm diameter ? I've never fitted them to my 240 but they are smaller than a original disc?

Spacers are 8.65mm so will be ok

Attachments

• DSC_0366.JPG
    DSC_0366.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0363.JPG
    DSC_0363.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0365.JPG
    DSC_0365.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 15

toopy

Club Member
I had a measure this morning with a Z31 disc I have lying round. Does the disc look the right size ? 250mm diameter ? I've never fitted them to my 240 but they are smaller than a original disc?

Spacers are 8.65mm so will be ok

Excellent, those spacers are a work of art ;)

Z31 discs are approx 165 - 170mm diameter

atomman

Club Member
perhaps they sent me rears by mistake,

send me over a Pm me and we can sort out address and stuff

Last edited: