Z suspension.

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
Hello, could anyone tell me if there is any advantage in putting 260Z struts and hubs on to a 240Z Datsun. I have a chance of getting some second hand 260Z struts and hubs, and I was going to convert them to adjustable platforms. Thank you.

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Hello, could anyone tell me if there is any advantage in putting 260Z struts and hubs on to a 240Z Datsun. I have a chance of getting some second hand 260Z struts and hubs, and I was going to convert them to adjustable platforms. Thank you.

If the struts are from a late 260 they won't fit a 240, if they are from early 260 they are the same as 240 ones. Adjustable platforms are easily fitted to 240 struts because the tube o/d is right for sleeves you can buy off the shelf.

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
yep thats rite the 55mm kit is very hard to find but the 50mm kit is on the shelf at a few places im doing it for my 260 and having the parts made to do the 55mm tubes.
also where are you 240z man as i now live in devon??

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Yes i live near Ivybridge and i think i will keep my 240z struts and get them convereted instead.

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
The late 260z hubs are stronger, but only really fro motorsport applications. Will fit no problem though.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
The late 260z hubs are stronger, but only really fro motorsport applications. Will fit no problem though.

Specifically the rear hubs are stronger. Whilst I know that there are minor differences between early and late front hubs, I'm not certain about strength differences.

I would only advocate fitting late (260Z) suspension struts to a 240Z if the car was recieving a proper short stroke damper conversion with adjustable platforms - which cuts out all that extra strut height.