Z on car SOS

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
TBH it wasn't that great, said some nice things about the car and spoiler alert

they fitted fuel injection, although getting the manifold and throttle bodies made was interesting!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I was approached about this. I 'supplied' the blue car ( a member's, hope it was featured) and was asked about exhausts systems etc but tbh they said they could source everything.

Was a 370Z featured too?

Mr.G

Club Member
I didn't see the show but surprised to see the car on ebay, item no. 162050080959 (sorry I'm on ipad using the app or would have linked)

I thought the show was about reuniting a car with the owner who is sick etc.... Shame they had to sell so soon?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I thought the show was about reuniting a car with the owner who is sick etc.... Shame they had to sell so soon?

You're confused :

"This 240Z was driven by Fuzz and Tim on last nights episode of CAR SOS ( 28th April )."

NOT the restored car.

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
All that work and if ever you wondered about the quality of the work just take a look at the nuts securing the front legs to top turret under the bonnet.

That says it all to me

An absolute pet hate, a 2 minute job to remove

datsun dave

Club Member
All that work and if ever you wondered about the quality of the work just take a look at the nuts securing the front legs to top turret under the bonnet.

That says it all to me

An absolute pet hate, a 2 minute job to remove

Gets worse no white paint on the brush when touching up the badges !!!!

Paul_S

Club Member
The 370Z was my car. Renegade Productions approached nissansportz.com and I was lucky enough to have my car chosen:

post-123-0-88559000-1461912520.jpg

post-123-0-40003500-1461912521.jpg

post-123-0-90449700-1461912521.jpg

post-123-0-93451000-1461912523.jpg

Certainly an interesting day's filming :)

Paul_S

Club Member
Haha!

Well, in person he comes across as a likeable bloke. The 2 of them share a good deal of banter and their friendship is genuine. There was a lot of opportunity to chat with everyone during the filming (when all the cameras were being set, etc.)

Obviously he plays the fool on the show and that's not to everyone's taste!

Paul_S

Club Member
Oh, and just to add. He was telling me how he's always been a fan of German engineering and has owned a long line of BMW M cars, however he has recently bought an R35 GT-R :)

richiep

Club Member
FYI, for anyone with Sky, this episode is available on demand.

It's TV, so obviously a bit cheesy and staged here and there, but I liked the car. Interesting seeing the Jenvey throttle bodies being cast. Fitted on a Mangoletsi manifold too.

Have to say I'm quite partial to the 907 green.

dav350z

Club Member
Haha!

Well, in person he comes across as a likeable bloke. The 2 of them share a good deal of banter and their friendship is genuine. There was a lot of opportunity to chat with everyone during the filming (when all the cameras were being set, etc.)

Obviously he plays the fool on the show and that's not to everyone's taste!

Very diplomatic Paul!! ;)