Z Icon thingy

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
My Z icon that shows up on my sidebar (favorites) of my PC has changed from a Z to a red Twith a blue bar at the bottom
Has this happened to others or just to me?

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Other thingz

I'm getting other,unusual & erratic behaviour.
like losing PM's,page going blank,contact server etc. The most noticeable is time is shortened in
time allowed to make a post. Strange? DJZ 60.:unsure:

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
aka Steve Burns

Porkenstein has got Russ Pedalling a makeshift generator(made out of a food grinder)This is how
the forum is powered.When Russ's leg's ache,that
affects the fluidity of this server. DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Nidge74

New Forum User
DJZ 60 said:
Porkenstein has got Russ Pedalling a makeshift generator(made out of a food grinder)This is how
the forum is powered.When Russ's leg's ache,that
affects the fluidity of this server. DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Jeez DJZ, do you NOT know how to keep a secret???????? :confused:

Russ

Club Member
My logo hasn't changed at all, bit odd.

The server has been complete crap lately, I've probably raised about a dozen support tickets over the past month.

If funds allow in the future I'd like our own dedicated server, just us on it, no one to interfere with. Not sure I'd get it with our current hosts or not, they're ok and every time the site has gone down has apparently been due to us using it too much and them having to turn it off. Better the devil you know maybe.

Anyway I reckon it'd be about £70-£150 (we currently pay £18) a month depending on what we want to spend. Very favourable exchange rate at the moment if we buy our hosting in the states. http://www.cwihosting.com/dedicated_server.php is our current hosts options. I'd like to find out who hosts 300zx.co.uk they always seem to be working.

Back to my peddling...

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
I'd like to find out who hosts 300zx.co.uk they always seem to be working.
A little whois tells me

http://www.ultraspeed.co.uk/

Just spoken to them (nice chap called Jordan) and they confirmed the above.........typical prices that would be relevant to us would be from
Entry level dedicated spec A, which is Managed linux £349 per month with extensive support and SLA (10%discount applicable) 200 gigs per month bandwidth etc all singing all dancing behemoth.....out of our league and not justifiable as it would cost nearly £4k per annum
To a
Value managed server from £99 per month (on line support) with full SLA which is more like it at just over a £1000 per annum

Either way, considerably more than we pay now

Yes I know you can get hosting from about £15 but these are for low bandwidth servers that have about 50 other sites hosted on them, a worthless SLA and no one on the end of a telephone (a bit like our existing provider)

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
SKiddell said:
To a
Value managed server from £99 per month (on line support) with full SLA which is more like it at just over a £1000 per annum

Either way, considerably more than we pay now

which equates to 50members @£20

so feasable

I know I keep saying it but I will get in touch with Mike Groves re the 300ZX site as I think he may be able to help us get a deal

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Well I don't know what the fcuk is happening on this forum:conf2:
My redwhite and blue Z thingy is back

But it is now becoming a pain for me to get this website loaded it seems to take hours and numorous attempts to do it:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is this happen to others as if it is how can we carry on with it :mad: :mad:

Is this the reason we don't get that many posts as people can't be arsed to wait for what seems like 15 minutes to get online:conf2:

Nidge74

New Forum User
STEVE BURNS said:
Is this the reason we don't get that many posts as people can't be arsed to wait for what seems like 15 minutes to get online:conf2:

This is only a recent issue, I'd say since the site went offline last weekend.

I don't think Russ is Pedalling fast enough. You should help him, the exercise will do you good. :thumbs:

Mine seems to be okay at the moment though, what internet package do you have Mr Burns, If you are on 56k Dial up I'm gonna slap you :p

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
once I get in it still seems slow read zimmerframe like
broadband something or other works fine with the 300 site and all the other sites just ours seems not even snail like more like dead snail like

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Steve Burns said:
I know I keep saying it but I will get in touch with Mike Groves re the 300ZX site as I think he may be able to help us get a deal
I contacted Ultraspeed who host the 300's site..... Jordan mentioned that the then owner/operator of Ultraspeedwas a founder member of the 300 club so there are/were direct links.....not sure if they exist now, either way Mr Burns, giving Mike Groves a call sounds like a good move:thumbs:

Since posting the info re Ultraspeed I have contacted 15 more hosting companies in the UK.....they are all around the £90 mark for a base model dedicated server with online support 50 gig per month bandwidth and 99.9% uptime with reasonable SLA

Russ, what bandwidth do we have currently and what would you estimate would be our future requirements;)

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
erratic

Definately gremlin'z in the work'z somewhere! messages like: contact your
site manager,(bladdy building site or what) or you are not permitted to by
server? Dudley moores servers there. serving,not like our server.
DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

BRONZEE

Well-Known Forum User
DJZ 60 said:
Hehe, yeah I've had that quite a few times in the last couple of weeks. Here I was thinking it was just because I'm a cheeky Kiwi, and I was being locked out. :p

Mr Ex

Inactive
DJZ 60 said:
I've had some of them this week it has also been dead slow but I thought that might have been my comp.:confused:

Dale

Club Member
I'm far from knowlegeable on this subject, but maybe the server we are on has download sites on it that could be causing problems for us.
Could we ask the hosts to move our site to a different server to see if it helps?
They probably wouldn't want to, but if there was the threat of us taking our business somewhere else they may be prepared to try it!

Just a thought!