Your Oil Filter 240z ?

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
The official Nissan oil filter part number is 1520843G0A.

I last bought one from the local Nissan dealership for about £11.(this was a couple of years ago). I toddled in there last year to buy one and was told they can no longer obtain some parts individually but have to buy in bulk from Nissan wholesale. It is of no interest to then to buy a pack of 10 oil filters for older cars that will just sit on their shelf. Also the cost of the filters had gone up to around £23. Apparently Nissan has changed their parts pricing/delivery policy.

The time has now come to do an oil change and get a filter. Have any of you had similar problems with your local Nissan supplier ? What alternative non OEM filters are being used by you and are they any good ?

I'm going to ring Nissan tomorrow to see if I get the same story as last year. A bit a feedback from Zclub would be welcome before I make the call

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Yep - better to say stock 240Zs because uprated engines and larger cc swaps'll mean different filters.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Yep - better to say stock 240Zs because uprated engines and larger cc swaps'll mean different filters.
I used these when i had my stock 240z as I preferred the taller 280zx oil filter type

Mr.F

Inactive
The Nissan price hike was temporary. Not got access to my price lists at the moment, but I keep stock of OEM and K&N.
The longer filter is common to S30 and early S130. Only later S130 use the shorter version.

Mr.F

Inactive
For the record (now I've been released back into the wild):

OEM long filter -43G0A £7.74 + VAT
K&N version £12.95 + VAT

Both in stock. Prices exclude postage...

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
OK learned ones, here are two filters I bought, one was a fiver I think. Notice the difference in the number of flow holes - which one does the Nissan one look like!?

5f6c4d456de15a537384bb9c35f8a206.jpg

Mr.F

Inactive
Nissan OEM in between with six holes. Also the length of the K & N. The Mann filter is the length of the late 280ZX version.