You’re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Pondo

Club Member
0FB2820E-59F4-4E77-AD2F-BBE9572D66EB.png We’ll we’ve had an exciting weekend which I thought I might share.

Slowly I’m getting to know more of you through various meets and shows and sometimes I bring my 11year old son with me. Although he loves the Datsun he has always told me he wants a mini, when he’s old enough he’s going to buy a mini, minis are the best and so on.

Last year we attended the Atwell - Wilson motor museum annual show where they auction off each year a different mini to raise money for the museum. Having bought a ticket with his £1 the year before we thought it would be a good trip out in the Datsun and we would go and see the draw and the 60 odd minis that turned out.

A pleasant day out was had by us both and although nothing came of our ticket we did buy another for this year. Fast forward to Sunday as I’m dozing off a slight birthday hangover when I receive a call telling me I was live on Facebook and I had won a 1983 Austin Mini Mayfair.

My son had taken the dog out for a walk so I found the clip, found the tickets which were still in the Datsun glove box and upon his return casually asked if we should check the tickets. His reaction was priceless, needless to say Ive have a very excited boy all week as tomorrow we go to pickup “his” mini.

...........we will now need a bigger garage!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Fantastic!!!! Such a nice surprise.

Put up lots of photos please!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I love that story - your lad will be a Mini fan all his life.

I've never owned a Mini but of course in my day they were a phenomenon.

So pleased for you and it's nice to know that these things aren't rigged.

Pondo

Club Member
I love that story - your lad will be a Mini fan all his life.

I've never owned a Mini but of course in my day they were a phenomenon.

So pleased for you and it's nice to know that these things aren't rigged.

I think your right Rob I can see the Mini always having a special place now........it was making me laugh as his 5 year old brother was pretty pleased as he now thinks he’s next in line for the Datsun!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Ah wow!!! That is such a cool little car!!! Congrats [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]