Wrap around front lower indicators

toopy

Club Member
Ive removed one of mine as i have some clear lenses to fit, but have found out the plastic bulb holder is for a BAY15D bulb (US spec sidelight i suspect) and not a DA15S. bulbs.jpg Obviously i need an orange bulb and these dont come in the double contact format, so what have others done?

You can get these bulb holder.jpg to replace the metal part inside the existing plastic fitting, but I dont want to bastardise them, only to find out it wont fit properly!

Other alternative is to get some bulb specific orange paint and simply re-use the current BAY15D bulb, negating the wiring grief, but i could only find this amber.jpg which isnt actually for doing indicator bulbs, you could use several coats but i dont know if thats possible

uk66fastback

Club Member
Does it have to be 'bulb specific orange paint'? That paint above is yellow isn't it?

You'll end up with the fried egg look though if you have an orange painted bulb in a clear lens.

toopy

Club Member
Does it have to be 'bulb specific orange paint'? That paint above is yellow isn't it?

You'll end up with the fried egg look though if you have an orange painted bulb in a clear lens.

Agreed, but its better than putting the orange lense back on, Id prefer to use LED, or even a chrome look conventional bulb, but again they only come in BA15S, so round in circles we go :rofl:

Sam_C

Club Member
MSA in the States do a "stealth" bulb, clear but flashes amber, that fits the 240 indicators I believe.

cosworth415

Club Member
I believe you can get an electronic flasher unit which would resolve the problem. I will be using this method because I only have the clear wraparound lenses so will be fixed straight to the valance with strip 12V LED mounted in the small gap between valance and lens all sealed up with a gasket, should last forever.

toopy

Club Member
Yeah, I'd bet LEDs wouldn't blink.

I already have LED bulbs in the two wing indicators, normal bulbs in the rest and the whole lot now flash ever so slightly quicker,
which i think is preferable as the standard flash speed is a bit on the slow side compared to modern cars.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I already have LED bulbs in the two wing indicators, normal bulbs in the rest and the whole lot now flash ever so slightly quicker,
which i think is preferable as the standard flash speed is a bit on the slow side compared to modern cars.

Sounds good. No extra resistors needed?