Work Gloves

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Guys, do you have any recommendations for gloves to use when working in the garage?

When rebuilding carbs or working on brakes I've tried the thin latex blue gloves but petrol/carb cleaner dissolves them. I suffer from cracked hands (especially in winter) and some of the stuff I come into contact with can't be any good for me and it stings!

So I can see I need two types of gloves:

Something to use with chemicals that are perhaps disposable.

Something stronger to use when working on cars/bikes but thin enough so that I can feel things e.g. small nut/bolts or electrical connectors.

Thanks.

candy red

Club Member
Guys, do you have any recommendations for gloves to use when working in the garage?

When rebuilding carbs or working on brakes I've tried the thin latex blue gloves but petrol/carb cleaner dissolves them. I suffer from cracked hands (especially in winter) and some of the stuff I come into contact with can't be any good for me and it stings!

So I can see I need two types of gloves:

Something to use with chemicals that are perhaps disposable.

Something stronger to use when working on cars/bikes but thin enough so that I can feel things e.g. small nut/bolts or electrical connectors.

Thanks.
Gloves :EXTRAlol:
You’ll be telling me you’ve got a heater in the garage next :nopity:EXTRA:D;)

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I use 2 types at work, blue nitrile and black nitrile ones.
The black ones are better for solvents and fluids, I use them for cleaning my spray guns as the blue ones fall to bits much quicker when they get thinners on them.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I haven't bought any disposable ones yet just these locally at Wickes and Halfords. I'll report back.20220213_125046.jpg

Last edited: