"Wood 240Z Steering wheel"!!!!

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
They were actually made from real wood.

The manufacturer ( 'Izumi' ) pioneered a wood composite process whereby real wood fibre plus wood dust was mixed with a two part resin, then compressed into a mould and heat hardened. Skilled finishing completed the process.

So it's true. They really are wood.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Izumi Motor Co. ad:
12032d1381000894-wood-240z-steering-wheel-izumi_steering_wheels-jpg

Attachments

• IZUMI_Steering_Wheels.jpg
    IZUMI_Steering_Wheels.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
They were actually made from real wood.

The manufacturer ( 'Izumi' ) pioneered a wood composite process whereby real wood fibre plus wood dust was mixed with a two part resin, then compressed into a mould and heat hardened. Skilled finishing completed the process.

So it's true. They really are wood.

Indeed ... but not as we know it in the accepted sense of the word
Its not teak.. or oak... etc

In the same way "chipboard" is wood
And "particle board" is wood;)

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
How about I ask you what type of wood it is?

You can do but since you are esonced in your castle tonite I want to ask you one... or two;)
Like what should I do with this 2litre L6 engine I have with an E30 head on it.
Keep it?? If so to what end.???
Sell it?? Is it saleable??
Weigh it in??
Its Bl**dy heavy and I have just two weeks to find it a new home :eek:

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
You can do but since you are esonced in your castle tonite I want to ask you one... or two;)
Like what should I do with this 2litre L6 engine I have with an E30 head on it.
Keep it?? If so to what end.???
Sell it?? Is it saleable??
Weigh it in??
Its Bl**dy heavy and I have just two weeks to find it a new home :eek:

Try this thread:

http://zclub.net/forum/general-discussion/23301-l24-engine-gearbox-what-they-worth.html

Apparently Einstein had a theory that applied to it ( although Newton might be a better candidate ).

Personally, I'd give that L20(A?) a For Sale thread all it's own. But that's just me. ;)

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Personally, I'd give that L20(A?) a For Sale thread all it's own. But that's just me.

It was on my "keep it for now list" so thats where it will stay at the moment. I can find some space in the main workshop for it where it can rest till its needed.
Im not sure where it arrived from. The 75 S30 I had and Laurence subsequently bought from me didnt have its original 2L in it . It had a 280 lump IIRC
The rest of the engines in the lock up are on the weigh in list for next week. £120/ton last week. So probably similar on Monday.

johnymd

Club Member
It does seam a shame that these engines are only worth their weight in scrap but that is th reality of it. Can't think who would want an l20 when most go up in size to an l28 or above. The market in the UK is still so small it must be hard to find buyers. My totally rust free 2+2 tailgate has no interest what so ever as the buyers aren't there.