Wolf Creek Racing

johnymd

Club Member
Does anyone here run their CV conversion kit? It cirtainly looks like a nice bit of kit and I like the fact it uses standard porsche 930 cv's. Plus its all new parts and doesnt use any old datsun stuff that may be hard to get in the future. I did hear that the spline to cv joint was a little loose but not from the horses mouth.

I'm not thinking of changeing but after some info to help a fellow zclub member.

Wyn

Club Member
I asked them about those shafts before I went Z31 route
Could be wrong but am sure they are not meant for high horsepower applications, or atleast that's what they told me at the time

Think Kevin Bistow and the great gravy train has them on the back of his yellow rally car.
From what I rem they did have a lot of play but maybe that's how they are ?

amocrace

Well-Known Forum User
use them on my race car, 300 brake ish, no issues after 2 seasons using big sticky Kumho tyres

tel240z

Club Member
Does anyone here run their CV conversion kit? It cirtainly looks like a nice bit of kit and I like the fact it uses standard porsche 930 cv's. Plus its all new parts and doesnt use any old datsun stuff that may be hard to get in the future. I did hear that the spline to cv joint was a little loose but not from the horses mouth.

I'm not thinking of changeing but after some info to help a fellow zclub member.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?topic=7883.0

Have a read of this

problems may have been sorted now but on the research I have done think I would rather source my own gkn CVs (rather than Chinese) and a couple of custom shafts in the uk, then get some billet adaptors made guess i'm lucky as I could mock a set up on my spare car

Thanks for starting this thread John has given me some ideas

any one know any shaft manufactures in the uk ?

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Johhny/Tel

Been there done that

Ihave used these for about 6 years now (posted lots about it :rolleyes:)

Quality is very American (they dont seem to do precision spline cuts well)

I had to have new shafts made by elite transmissions as the originals were made of chocolate
The CV joints were nasty so used some decent motorsport ones

The only original bits I have left are the ally spacers.....they were ok

Tel
Yes Elite transmissions but not cheap

Wyn

Club Member
Tel what you doing with those 300 shafts, are you going a diffo route ?
I would buy them as spares if you are not using them ?

tel240z

Club Member
Not sure yet Wyn I may be just using the inner ones with a custom shaft and a motor sports quality outer cv but there again I may just go the whole hog and go new both ends but there again I should be thinking of my blue z rear end upgrade ;)

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
On the WCR front
I wouldnt go the "bolt on ally spacer route", for the sort of torque you fellas have, I would tig weld a nicely made steel spacer onto the inner and outer shafts (4 in total), or have the spacers drilled and doweled, then use ground shank machine screw studs to bolt them up with.