Wiper switch difference

Fairlineguy

Club Member
My car was missing its wiper switch the switch I have has a 6 pin wiring connector where as the car loom has 9 pin connector .
Any one know what the extra wires are for? I am guessing the correct switch has an extra function?
Anyone got a spare 9 pin switch or know if I am likely to be able to modify a 6 pin switch

6bc7d480da52a74a1b72dc920a326e3b_zpshix5uyx8.jpg

68a29263c2a8a3ed3ef6a9d74d5cd14e_zpsrjb8mwr1.jpg

Farmer42

Club Member
What car have you got?

On my 75 2+2 the wiper switch and the headlight switch is all on one stalk with a 9 pin connector plug. Not sure if you can modify a different switch as I would say that the wiring would not operate the right parts.

Fairlineguy

Club Member
9 pin connector if fitted to a 1973 M reg 240z.
It didn't have either of the column switches.
I am sure it would have had x2 column switches as the are also connector on the loom that
Plug into the indicator switch ok

toopy

Club Member
As a guess, could be to do with the fact later models have intermittent wipers, which would perhaps explain the 9 instead of 6 pins, no idea what year it changed tho

Fairlineguy

Club Member
That looks like the switch I need but RHD.
Looks to have an extra wiper function so possibly intermittent wipe
Fingers crossed someone might have one otherwise looks like I am going to have to figure out which wire does what.

Farmer42

Club Member
Mine is a RHD.

If you need to have a look at the wiring, just let me know. I'm not too far from Bath so we could meet up. Got no problem with taking the cowl off to expose the switch if it will help you.

PM me if you need any help

Cheers

Paul

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
That looks like the switch I need but RHD.
Looks to have an extra wiper function so possibly intermittent wipe
Fingers crossed someone might have one otherwise looks like I am going to have to figure out which wire does what.

I have a RHD version of the switch.
See Pics.
Call/Email if you still need one.
07778 411568. pmaczc@madasafish.com

Attachments

• DSCF5448.JPG
    DSCF5448.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF5449.JPG
    DSCF5449.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 11