Wiper arms

Peato40

Well-Known Forum User
Hello all,
I'm just thinking ahead about what I will need to source to complete my 260z 2+2 and it occurs to me that I don't have wiper arms or blades. I'm not too worried about having stainless or not. My car is RHD, any suggestions about where I could source would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Phil

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Phil I may have some arms & possibly blade holders, having a big sort out this coming week so will let you know. 240 & late 260 blade to arm fitment is different so make sure you get the correct blade for the arms. Just checked on ebay & spotted that it is still possible to get Trico blades.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Just in case you didn't realise - the left and right wiper arms are different lengths.

Peato40

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Rob,

No I hadn't realised that, presumably the longer one will be drivers side?

Regards
Phil

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Here you go:

http://zclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23963

The other thing I learnt is that the arms don't have splines when new. I thought mine were worn because they weren't very deep. I bought a new arm off ebay (not a Z one but Bluebird) and it was smooth. I think the idea was that the metal is softer than the splined 'post' and when you fit the arm the post cuts the splines in the desired position.