Windscreen | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Windscreen

Discussion in 'Parts and Other Items Wanted' started by Peato40, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Peato40

Peato40
    Z Club Member

Hi, does anybody have a reasonable windscreen for sale that will fit a 260z 2+2?

I actually have a new one but it doesn't fit and I was told that it was down to the weatherstrip, most likely being for a 2 seater. Well I received a new weatherstip and its exactly the same as the one I already had, so not the problem.
    I offered the new windscreen up to the frame and then compared it with an original damage unit and it becomes obvious what the problem is.

This new windscreen was apparently made in the UK but I'm not sure of the manufacturer but anyway I would be interested to know as I would like to make them aware of the problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Can't see your photos !

3. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Committee Member

They’re google photo pages and I think not shared either.

4. moggy240

moggy240 INSURANCE VALUATIONS OFFICER Committee Member

Funny you should mention that, I have just taken my new windscreen out as it was short in the top corners and I have got a 2+2 windscreen rubber to if that would make any difference but comparing windscreen rubbers it looks the same so I am going to compare my windscreen with my mates to if there is any difference .
    Might just fit a heated screen anyway

5. Peato40

Peato40
    Z Club Member

Sorry guy's
    Here are the photo's which show the difference between this new unit and an older screen, which is unfortunately damaged.

upload_2018-3-14_12-42-41.png upload_2018-3-14_12-43-4.png

6. Peato40

Peato40
    Z Club Member

Hi moggy240, When I first received my car I noticed that the fit around the top corners wasn't exactly the greatest, although it didn't let in any water. I assumed that a new screen may be better, which I needed anyway as mine was cracked. When the window installer came to fit a new screen (after paint) they blamed the rubber for not being able to complete the job, so I kept the screen and ordered a 2+2 Precision seal. Now that arrived this week and when I compared it to the one I had it was exactly the same, so I wondered if in fact I had been supplied with a 2 seater rubber by mistake. I contacted Precison and they gave me some dimensions to check and from those I learned that both my seals or weatherstrips are for 2+2.

So now I need to source a new (quality) screen and perhaps live with top corners for now. where did you get your windscreen and where will you source a heated version?

7. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

8. moggy240

moggy240 INSURANCE VALUATIONS OFFICER Committee Member

That is where I was going to try and get one

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

9. Peato40

Peato40
    Z Club Member

Thanks for that ...... they actually seem quite reasonably priced. Can I ask why you are having doubt about fitting the heated version? Even if you felt it wasn't needed, wouldn't you fit it anyway and just not hook it up?

10. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

It's a good question. I suppose I'm not 100% sold on being able to see the element wires. They aren't too in your face, but I've not liked looking through them in modern Fords so I don't think this will be any different.

I love the idea of having a clear screen though so you have to take the rough with the smooth I suppose!

11. Peato40

Peato40
    Z Club Member

I think I would settle for a snug fit when comparing with new windscreen I have. Have you seen any fitted or tried it against your original?

12. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

I've not I'm afraid

13. Peato40

Peato40
    Z Club Member

Does anybody know of any other UK supplier of glass?

14. Farmer42

Farmer42
    Z Club Member

15. Peato40

Peato40
    Z Club Member

Thanks Farmer42

I checked the website out but could find from there where I might find a supplier, so I've sent them an email.

16. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

Ricky Evens Motorsport sells both standard and heated screens. He was out of the standard ones when I asked though. I need to order a couple as well.

Paul_S likes this.
  17. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

I think they were out of stock of standard ones about 8 or 9 months ago too when I asked so it might be a case of enough people asking before they produce any more. Just a guess though.

18. yellowz

yellowz
    Z Club Member

I'm going to need a clear screen too in the near future if you are looking to get enough orders to make it worth their while producing some. 73 240z

19. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

I'm going to need 3 for the 3 cars that have been painted. I just cant bring myself to put an old screen in a freshly painted car.

20. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer in training Staff Member Committee Member

A heated screen is a good idea for my blue car. Might be interested - only might at this stage.