Windscreen Washers & Brakes

Shep999

Forum User
Hi,

I have just taken my 2003 350Z GT into Nissan for a P1 service and asked them to check the windscreen washers. I get a dribble of water coming out of the left windscreen wiper and non from the right and again a dribble from the rear. The headlight washers work fine though.

Nissan have advised that the pump needs replacing but i can hear the pump working unless its the motor?

Any ideas?

Also nissan advised, front brake pads need replacing in 1000-2000 miles and rear pads in 4000 miles......any ideas on cheap place to buy? any online cheap websites? Not sure which pads i need so any guidance would be appreciated. Nissan quoted a price of £175 for the front pads.

Thanks

Rich

Mr.F

Inactive
re. brake pads - don't buy cheap, buy good!
We have Hawk performance pads in stock at a lot less than the Nissan price for front and rear - call 01277 374201 to order.

Shep999

Forum User
Thanks for your reply on the brakes.......whats the cost of the pads for the front and also the rear please?

Mr.F

Inactive
Hawk fronts for Brembo are £90 + VAT a set
Hawk rears for Brembo are £75 + VAT a set

Available ex-stock and definitely superior to OEM. Ferro Carbon performance compound.

BRONZEE

Well-Known Forum User
I have just taken my 2003 350Z GT into Nissan for a P1 service and asked them to check the windscreen washers. I get a dribble of water coming out of the left windscreen wiper and non from the right and again a dribble from the rear. The headlight washers work fine though.

Nissan have advised that the pump needs replacing but i can hear the pump working unless its the motor?
Presuming there's ample windscreen fluid in the bottle. :) There maybe a blockage. Also if you're very very careful use a pin and you can check that nothing is obstructing the squirters. Surely if the pump was stuffed you probably wouldn't get even a dribble especially on the rear window. Happy to stand corrected. :thumbs: Let us know how you get on.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Pads - I use Mike's Hawk pads, found them to be good. The only query I had was wether to fit the antisqueal shims from the old Nissan pads - I did.

Washers - I would expect a decent garage to check washer jets for blocking etc but you never know these days. It's certainly where I would start - did the garage actually try this? If you can pull the pipes off before the jets that may be worth doing too to see if the pump delivers enough water - be careful not to break anything though.