Windscreen Washer System

ALN

Club Member
Hi All,

Complete noob question, I apologise in advance....

I have a '78 280z imported from the states. For some strange reason, it is missing the washer bottle, piping and washer jets.

Where is the location of the windscreen washer nozzles? I've removed the wiper panel etc, but I am clueless!!!:(

Please help!

chris frizzell

Club Member
there bolted to the fire wall .look for 2 small triangles or the holes for then .there about 6inch long 5mm tube welded to the mounting plate . your washer bottle fits in the driver side inspection lid . it slots on to a mount thats on the iner wing . the bottles are not cheap but you can swop out the motor to get it to work . bottle £25 for a original or £12 for an after market on ebay . all the best a fellow 280z owner chris ps just had a look on ebay and some one is selling a set for £24 take a look

Last edited:

ALN

Club Member
Thanks @chris frizzell that makes sense now. Also YouTube'd it to make sure I understood completely.

Just need to figure out what on earth happened to the wiring to the washer bottle pump!!!!

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Is that really a "thing"? any idea on the motivation?

Dunno really if it’s a thing, but I’ve seen a few on YouTube where they talk about not having windscreen wipers so I guess u may as well take the washers out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Probably get removed during blow overs and they just forget to put them back in.

Makesy

Club Member
Mine (an Arkansas car) had wipers and washer system removed. Ended up fitting an aftermarket kit for less than £30 (eBay,from Thailand) but the spray is rubbish. Not sure if it needs a more powerful motor.

ALN

Club Member
Soo.... anyone by chance have pictures of the route the wiring loom for the washer bottle motor takes?
The wiring appears to be missing so I need to trace the wiring for washer bottle motor and trying to figure out where to start :conf2:

Also what does the routing of the water feed tubes to the washer nozzle look like?

Thank you!

Wally

Club Member
Would be interested to see if a more modern washer jet with a better spray pattern could be made to work.

kevpatts

Club Member
Turns out I'm in the same boat. My system was deleted (Oregon 240Z). Can't find the jets anywhere, the bottle and pump are available. Did you have any luck @ALN? Anyone know where to get the nozzles?

Faster Behr

Club Member
Is that really a "thing"? any idea on the motivation?

My Fairlady “lost” its complete washer system. Very likely sometime after it made its was from Japan to Oklahoma in the late 80’s. No idea why but there was absolutely no trace of the system or even evidence that the washers were ever fitted!

ALN

Club Member
My Fairlady “lost” its complete washer system. Very likely sometime after it made its was from Japan to Oklahoma in the late 80’s. No idea why but there was absolutely no trace of the system or even evidence that the washers were ever fitted!
@Faster Behr It seems to be a common thing to loose the washer system in the "sunshine" states, I've seen quite a few cars now, without the windscreen washer kit.

Ian

Club Member
Would be interested to see if a more modern washer jet with a better spray pattern could be made to work.
Would be easy but I can't see how it could be done without surface mounting them, if you are ok with two small black units on your scuttle panel then it would be a good upgrade.