Window issue

arcdef

Club Member
Hi All,

I am hoping for some help/advice on an issue with my 260Z's window. Since buying the drivers side window was quite stiff to wind up/down but i thought it was just because of its age. The other day however as winding up there was a loud 'pop' at which point the window dropped and had come off of its guides.

I took the window and regulator out, cleaned and re-greased and reassembled however it is now just as stiff and wont go all the way up as seems misaligned. I have attempted to adjust it using the front sash and rear guide however can not get it to sit right.

I am starting to think the regulator itself may be damaged as it appear to be fouling on itself.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice on what to try next? Or if anyone is local-ish in Hampshire/Surrey would appreciate any help in exchange for beer tokens or something :p

Thanks,

Ash

(pictures for reference)

20191221_123135.jpg 20191221_123200.jpg 20191221_123209.jpg

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I think you have to look closely at where its binding. I'd start with the front guide and the rear of the sash - they need to be parallel and straight.
Also I think you need to adjust the position of thoze two rear adjustment nuts on the mechanism, it's lifting at the rear too soon.

Last edited:

arcdef

Club Member
Hi all, still no luck sorting this, have repulsed everything and here are some photos of the window and regulator.

Sorry if massive, I'm using my phone. Certainly looks to me that one of the regulator arms is bent as it is fouling when inside the door and doesn't look right.

Thanks again for all the help.

arcdef

Club Member
Also is the front sash meant to be perfectly straight as mine has a slight bend in it. I refitted everything and the window goes up and down fine until I attached the sash and it seems to pull it forward.

Ta!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Tbh I can't remember if that front sash is meant to have a curve or not. Yours doesn't look accidentally bent. How well does the door itself sit in the frame? Since front and rear dash mount in the door, if the doors not true then the sashes won't be in the right place either.

chris frizzell

Club Member
mine did the same thing had to get a new window regulator as someone smash it good . then i fitted the new one it was better but stilll dropped must have fitted it 50 time the problem was when you wind it down it would pop out off the runner so put it to the place just before it jumped out and drilled a small hole . then put a small self tapper in and its never done it again .the other side work perfect but i did that side too . these parts are very sensertive to adjustment patient in spades chris

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Looking at your mechanism it does look as if someone has bent the 'scissor' section.

chris frizzell

Club Member
Rob right the arm has to be straight that is how mine was looked. For a new one huggys speed show may have one or someone on her . i could not work out how it could bend must be able to put a lot off load on it