Window channel rubber/felt needed

Jay.

Club Member
The metal runner that the window goes up/down WITHIN the door is missing the rubber/felt that the window should sit in. From memory, there's a metal runner in the rear of the door (near to the handle) and there should be some felt within it (at least that's what is on the other door)

I think I've found it here, but it's pretty expensive and in the US. Also, it seems too short compared to the size of the runner?

https://www.totalzparts.com/product...wG0LnpxJuB1ycgacrzDGNrErGODWdb6uiPdIH7Aq-ShpY

Does anyone know the part number or an equivalent that I could fit in?
I assumed some normal window channel rubber might do but there's a bunch of different sizes.

Jay.

Club Member
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I saw another runner below the one marked with an arrow which was able to house a felt. At least that's what is on my passenger side door

feltrunners2-600x546.jpg

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
The one with the arrow is just rubber, thezstore sells repro parts for it. I believe you might have to cut it down (haven't fitted mine yet) the above the door line part has the felt covered stuff.
There is also a guide sash at the front of the door but it doesn't have any rubber in it - theres a nylon block on the front of the glass carrier that runs in it.

Jay.

Club Member
The one with the arrow is just rubber, thezstore sells repro parts for it. I believe you might have to cut it down (haven't fitted mine yet) the above the door line part has the felt covered stuff.
There is also a guide sash at the front of the door but it doesn't have any rubber in it - theres a nylon block on the front of the glass carrier that runs in it.

So within the door skin there's a metal guide - currently there's nothing inside it and the window rattles. That's supposed to have the rubber part in? (Is that also the same part with the arrow?)

Oh my passenger door, the same metal guide has a felt piece inside (so I assume it's not OEM?)

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Yes, that's right. It could be that original oem is felt and aftermarket isn't.

chris frizzell

Club Member
if its the part that fits inside the window frame at the bottom i got some land rover window chanel trim off ebay for a £10 . just remove old stuff and push the new in job done chris

uk66fastback

Club Member
They're about four miles from me are Woolies. Been there a long time. The headlining on my 944 got ruined by a leaky sunroof a few years ago and I managed to get a huge roll of near identical vinyl in the right navy blue from them for £40.

Skallywag

Club Member
The metal runner that the window goes up/down WITHIN the door is missing the rubber/felt that the window should sit in. From memory, there's a metal runner in the rear of the door (near to the handle) and there should be some felt within it (at least that's what is on the other door)

I think I've found it here, but it's pretty expensive and in the US. Also, it seems too short compared to the size of the runner?

https://www.totalzparts.com/product...wG0LnpxJuB1ycgacrzDGNrErGODWdb6uiPdIH7Aq-ShpY

I assumed some normal window channel rubber might do but there's a bunch of different sizes.
I'm sure Motorsport Auto (the Z store) do these as repro parts and less expensive. Also in the US.

Skallywag

Club Member

Just got a pair of these from the Z Store. The aftermarket ones are rubber with felt strips that run against both sides of the glass. Make the window-glass run smooth and with no rattle.

Jay.

Club Member
Just got a pair of these from the Z Store. The aftermarket ones are rubber with felt strips that run against both sides of the glass. Make the window-glass run smooth and with no rattle.
Did you go for the ones quoted or the cheaper ones that were linked further on?

I'd pay a bit more if it 100% stopped the rattle