Where to buy suction cup springs?

NIcad7

New Forum User
Hi all,

Having running issues with my 240z on Hitachi round top carbs, and vapour lock/percolation.

I have mismatched springs in my carbs and want to buy a new pair but can’t seem to find any anywhere inc across the pond!

I bought a selection of springs from sucarb but they are too long and therefore make the car run rich.

Any help appreciated!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
You can get them from Burlen in the UK.

My Z therapy 240z su springs were 2 Oz measured on kitchen scales but I have read they should be 2.5. Burlen sell the 2.5Oz springs (light blue) 7.75 each + postage.

Have had VERY positive experiences with Burlen.

http://sucarb.co.uk/piston-springs.html

Farmer42

Club Member
If you are getting vapour lock, it's doubtful a new pair of damper springs will cure it although it will help with more even running when you are trying to tune them.

You have too much heat or not enough fuel pressure (or both). I assume you have a good heatshield but if not you need one. Also check that your fuel pump is working properly and is giving you good pressure to the carbs. It might be worth installing an electric one at the rear to help get the fuel from the tank more evenly. Also check that your fuel rail & lines are not blocked as this could also reduce pressure.

It would help to know what symptoms you are getting on running & someone may offer a solution based on experience. You might even find someone with an old set of Datsun carbs that they would let you have the springs or the carbs.

As Ali said, Burlen are really helpful and I would recommend having a chat with their technical person.