Where to buy lowering springs/bushes?

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hey guys,

Does anyone know anywhere who stocks some quality lowering springs for the 260Z?

Ideally Id like to replace both springs and shocks, but Im having a problem finding lowering springs in the UK?

Also suspension bushes in a complete kit?

Also, is there anywhere I can buy nuts and bolts specific for the car other than Zstore and MJP?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
MJP sell lowering springs for many cars, although not for my 74 260z. I specced my own springs and ordered them from springcoil.co.uk. I'm very happy with them.

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
I had some coil springs made up in the UK, just phoned him up and told him the specification I wanted and he charged me £132 for the pair.

Coil Springs Ltd
Saturn Works
72, Altercliffe Road
Sheffield
S4 7WN

s2k_adz

Club Member
Cheers guys thats a big help!

I'll get ringing around those companies mentioned! What do you recommend lowering wise? Id guess 25/30mm is enough to make the car look like its not on stilts, handle well and not be scraping on everything in sight?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Looking at your original photos your car looks higher at the rear than the front - usually it's the other way around. Therefore don't use your original springs as a reference.

My guess is that you'd need 30mm lower than standard to make a big enough difference. Could you stretch to 'coilovers' that way you can experiment with ride-heights and stiffness?

If not I'd speak to Mike.

Mr.F

Inactive
Beware that the 73/74 spring set is a difficult one to get right without reference originals to compare.

s2k_adz

Club Member
Coilover wise Im just wary of cutting and welding things about Rob. Also the only coils I can see readily available are the BC jobbies.

What are you running on yours?

Also, bush wise most seem to replace with Poly stuff. Does this tend to squeak etc?

s2k_adz

Club Member
Beware that the 73/74 spring set is a difficult one to get right without reference originals to compare.

Mines a '78 Mike. Its a confusing area though, this suspension stuff!

Bush kits I guess is the main one Im looking for at the moment as the car will need to have the suspension back on after its painted. I can always change the struts at a later date.

DJacey

Club Member
Re, nuts and bolts - I've searched and never found a UK supplier of the correct jap spec fasteners apart from those made from stainless steel (although you can of course get them from your local scrap-yard second-hand). If anyone does know of one then please let me know.