Where to buy longer hub studs

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
Hi guys, as above, my wheel fell off today as I was driving, as they do! The hubcentric spacer was attached to it so my hub studs are obviously done in, ideally want some that are slightly longer.. Where can I get these from? Mr F if you have any let me know price please

Nidge74

New Forum User
Mr F may have them in stock

My Z31 suffered similar

I have rear plates with drilled-out back=plates, possibly Ford fitment,.

I now need 3 sockets to change a rear wheel?:?:?:

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
If you are using a fairly wide spacer it might be better to use a wheel adapter instead so less load is put on the studs.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
On my car I have Nismo studs at the rear. On the front I fitted studs from 'Rallynuts' they were possibly for a Ford but have the same thread as Nissan so the nuts fit just fine.

Howeverr the hubs had to be drilled slightly larger as the splined section is bigger than the Nissan stud. My mate did this with his pillar drill.

rallynuts.com motorsport : Wheel Studs motor sports & karting

Mr.F

Inactive
I have stock of the longer studs with the correct Nissan thread but, as Rob noted, they require a minor modification as the securing splines are different to the Z and ZX version.
Specification is 12mm x 1.25 thread, 63mm long and 14mm spline.
Cost £1.95 + VAT each - loads in stock...

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
Ta guys, I'm using a hubcentric spacer atm so load on studs isn't a problem, does anyone know how long standard studs are? Problem is my spacer is 18mm, so the 63mm studs will come out of the spacer too far for me to sit the wheels on there.. Do you have stock studs in MrF?

Mr.F

Inactive
Do you have stock studs in MrF?

Yes. £3.16 + VAT each. Longer than your stock 280ZX front ones. Eight only in stock at the moment, but easily obtainable...

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
How much longer are they mike? Long as they fit within my 18mm hubcentric spacer

Mr.F

Inactive
Standard studs have a length of 40mm (not counting the base plate thickness) and have 25mm of thread.

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
Pm me plz mate, all in price for 4 Stock studs including postage, don't forget to apply my post graduation unemployed discount ;)

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
While I'm here what's the process of removing studs from hub? Do they just get hammered out from front and then new ones tightened with the nuts?