Where can i get Body Panels?

nick260

New Forum User
Hi everyone, im new to the forum having recently purchased a 1975 260z.

Im looking for body panels, (lots of), as i am in the process of giving it a bare metal refurbishment.

So far i know i need front wings, sills, tailgate etc. Ive located all these panels from the US but would prefer to buy from the UK. Does anyone know a good reliable source for body parts?

Also on a slightly different note, i cant decide whether to go down the route of an RB25DET engine conversion. Ive located a donor car and 'conversion kit' from the USA, (engine, gearbox mounts, driveshaft, oil sump, rads etc.). Can anyone whos done this advise me on the many pitfalls i might face such as suspension and brakes, different ECU etc. I would be seriously grateful as i cant seem to make a decision!!!!

Thanks all

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
Front wings, couple of months ago were available at Nissan dealers, and I think there is also other parts still available, body wise as well.

Concerning your conversion to RB25DET go on the website Classic Zcar Club - The Front Page and look at their detailed builds.

Mr.F

Inactive
All available body panels can be purchased through MJP (Eastern Auto) (i.e. ME) at a significant discount over Nissan main dealer prices.
As an example, wings are currently back order ex-Japan, but come in at 15% off Nissan list.
Call 01277 374201 to discuss...

We do bits for RB25DET engines too...

Wyn

Club Member
Good luck with your project whatever way you decide to build
Price will be your main factor imo
To do it well will be expensive
But bolt in mount kits are available from the states as are most of the ancill conversion parts

As for parts here keep your eye on ebay as they do appear now n again
Or as said Mr F can supply most of the hard to find parts
Even when your main dealer tells you its no longer available !

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
fibre glass panels are also available if that is the route you want to go