Wheeler Dealers' 240Z

Dale

Club Member
Just been posted on Facebook by Mr. brewer.......

Coming soon......

188315e5da66e87699ee100f6408444f_zpsff41059b.jpg

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Looks like they're taking the sensible option.

Doing the whole thing - finding the car, working on it, filming it, and finally selling it - in the USA?

:)

RIDDLER said:
Can't wait to see that! Been waiting for them to do an S30 ever since they started.

Personally speaking, I've been dreading it. But there you are, we're all made different aren't we?

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Surely that can't be real? There are that many stupid mistakes in it (Neesam?). Sure it is not a spoof? If it is genuine it is absolutely unbelievable.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Every word of it absolutely 100% correct and if it wasn't Albrecht would certainly be pointing out the errors in it

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Surely that can't be real? There are that many stupid mistakes in it (Neesam?).

Looking closely at the crumpled, rather grubby and smelly original (it has a distinct whiff of Eau de Nando's about it) I can see that it's actually written "Neesarn" (sic) with an 'r' and an 'n' on the end. Rather like the way our American friends pronounce 'Nissan', perchance?

I have no doubt that this is a genuine piece of paper.

STEVE BURNS said:
Every word of it absolutely 100% correct and if it wasn't Albrecht would certainly be pointing out the errors in it

I've had a very close look at it, and - of course! - I spotted a mistake.

It's with regard to the name of the "Japanese version of the 240Z". As any fule kno, this was in fact called the 'Gaylord-Z'.

It just goes to show that they really don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Doing the whole thing - finding the car, working on it, filming it, and finally selling it - in the USA?

:)

Personally speaking, I've been dreading it. But there you are, we're all made different aren't we?

Getting an American car, not claiming to find 'one in a barn' in the UK. I was hoping they'd leave the 240's alone.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ed China has already found a 240Z he likes in Malta:

Attachments

• IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 94

astroboy

Well-Known Forum User
:unsure: oh deary me.

I had a discussion with one of the series directors and one of the researchers about this show and I wouldn't want to be a part of it.

It's so setup / fabricated it's unreal. I don't bother with watching the show any more but will tune in for this one.

They frequently sell cars via ebay and tell the winner that they may possibly on TV to haggle for the sale of the car.

They are also currently selling GT Turbo raider.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-5...173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae526059d

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Looking closely at the crumpled, rather grubby and smelly original (it has a distinct whiff of Eau de Nando's about it) I can see that it's actually written "Neesarn" (sic) with an 'r' and an 'n' on the end. Rather like the way our American friends pronounce 'Nissan', perchance?

I have no doubt that this is a genuine piece of paper.
Without my reading glasses on hadn't seen the 'r' and you are no doubt right. This has really put me off that show. As for Gay Lord, is that what GL stands for on the back of Cortinas and the like?