wheel well

candy red

Club Member
Anyone got a spare wheel well for a 260z or 240z they might have cut out of there car that may be salvageable as mine has been replaced with a flat sheet of metal :rofl: would like to get it back to how it should be.

Derrick:(

Last edited by a moderator:

240carsten

Well-Known Forum User
Oops no :(
8964f30372af56e0024a8b52ff9f318e.jpg

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Anyone got a spare wheel well for a 260z or 240z they might have cut out of there car that may be salvageable as mine has been replaced with a flat sheet of metal :rofl: would like to get it back to how it should be.

Derrick:(

Something nagging in my brain tells me that 240Z and late 260Z wheel wells are different.??:confused::confused:
260Z deeper????:confused::confused:

candy red

Club Member
Thanks Pete but I'm sure if the bottom and sides are intact making it deeper shouldn't be to difficult :unsure:

Terry do you have one ;)

Derrick :confused:

240carsten

Well-Known Forum User
Problem is that its gone now, weighed it in at the Junkyard... My plan is a 432 style flat wheelwell delete plate.
Most annoying thing was after all that bloody hard work, it finally gave up and came out and it really weighs almost nothing.. So not sure it was worth the effort from that angle :(

But please post a pic of how your fueltank strap is now attached to the car? The inboard strap is attached to the wheelwell so I need idea about how to redo mine now its gone.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
LOL!

You first plug the holes Steve!! The you can remove a plug to pour the oil back in, complete with rusty bits ;)

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
My plan is a 432 style flat wheelwell delete plate.

You're getting mixed up between the 432 and the 432-R.

'PS30' Fairlady Z432 = 60 litre tank, spare wheel well.
'PS30-SB' Fairlady Z432-R = 100 litre tank, no spare wheel well.

Completely different bodyshells.

240carsten

Well-Known Forum User
Yes, yes.. The wheel delete for my "432r/432" mash-up hommage..

Anyway.. Waste of time pulling that thing out.. Should have used the space for a battery relocation and storage for my hard candy and wurthers.

Nexussteve

Well-Known Forum User
I ended up having to fabricate mine from a P11 Primera. Same size spare wheel. Was a pretty close fit, but I'm no expert, so probably could've been done better!