Wheel/Tyre size question

tyroguru

Club Member
Alan just posted some links up to cars for sale on http://www.goo-net-exchange.com and I've just been browsing some of the rather nice examples they have on there. One looks to start at ~55 GBP and whilst it's a bit cheap for me ( :eek: ) , I do rather like the wheels (along with many other things about it!). Would anyone like to take a guess at what size the wheels/tyres are on that? I'm never sure when people talk of wheel sizes what they actually look like on these cars but I do know that I like that!

https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/NISSAN/FAIRLADY_Z/700115706630161225002/index.html

1157066A30161225W00203.jpg

datsfun

Club Member
14x7.5 or 14x8 wheels
Tyres look like 205.65.14

I have taken the liberty to attach the picture of a members car with
14x8 wheels and 205.60. 14 tyres IIRCIMG_20190509_195542.jpg

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Alan just posted some links up to cars for sale on http://www.goo-net-exchange.com and I've just been browsing some of the rather nice examples they have on there. One looks to start at ~55 GBP and whilst it's a bit cheap for me ( :eek: ) , I do rather like the wheels (along with many other things about it!). Would anyone like to take a guess at what size the wheels/tyres are on that? I'm never sure when people talk of wheel sizes what they actually look like on these cars but I do know that I like that!

https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/NISSAN/FAIRLADY_Z/700115706630161225002/index.html

View attachment 38508

Gorgeous car.

Colour can make a difference. To my eyes the green car looks strong and built of heavier gauge metal than the light blue metallic car. Should I see a doctor?

Last edited:

tyroguru

Club Member
Gorgeous car.

Colour can make a difference. To my eyes the green car looks strong and built of heavier gauge metal the the light blue metallic car. Should I see a doctor?

It's just what the doctor ordered!

I've looked at this car more than I should have done this afternoon because it looks fabulous and I've been trying to figure out what it is I like so much about it. There are lots of small things about it that I like (wheel/tyre style and size, chrome bumpers, no rear markers, JDM muffler etc.) but they aren't really it - I think it's maybe the darker, stronger color that probably does give it a certain gravitas - like it's ready for business. It just appears to me to sit beautifully - maybe it's the ride height and the color together that I like so much? Really nice.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
It's just what the doctor ordered!

I've looked at this car more than I should have done this afternoon because it looks fabulous and I've been trying to figure out what it is I like so much about it. There are lots of small things about it that I like (wheel/tyre style and size, chrome bumpers, no rear markers, JDM muffler etc.) but they aren't really it - I think it's maybe the darker, stronger color that probably does give it a certain gravitas - like it's ready for business. It just appears to me to sit beautifully - maybe it's the ride height and the color together that I like so much? Really nice.

There's just certain colour combo's that look stunning on these cars and that's one of them imo. I'm a huge fan of that one, the maroon red/burgundy colour generally seen in Japan, Safari Gold and 918 orange (surprise surprise ;)) All of them are just so period and elegant. The little details are what makes a good car great though and that particular car has lots of the right ingredients, I'd have it in my garage in a heart beat. Realistically it would be a G-nose in that burgundy red/maroon colour first though :coolgleam:

There's just certain colour combo's that look stunning on these cars and that's one of them imo. I'm a huge fan of that one, the maroon red/burgundy colour generally seen in Japan, Safari Gold and 918 orange (surprise surprise ;)) All of them are just so period and elegant. The little details are what makes a good car great though and that particular car has lots of the right ingredients, I'd have it in my garage in a heart beat. Realistically it would be a G-nose in that burgundy red/maroon colour first though :coolgleam:

I to have the same maroon zg dreams.

I hope its not lost on anyone, that for all their expensive cars, press coverage, attention to detail and effort, the coolest car MZR have is Alans old ZG. Without a 432r, they'll never top it.

datsfun

Club Member

I hope its not lost on anyone, that for all their expensive cars, press coverage, attention to detail and effort, the coolest car MZR have is Alans old ZG. Without a 432r, they'll never top it.

You forget they have a very important Samuri:D

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member

Agreed, that car does look stunning! It's funny how much it features place on their socials when I get the impression that they've done little to nothing to it themselves?

Agreed, that car does look stunning! It's funny how much it features place on their socials when I get the impression that they've done little to nothing to it themselves?

not from what I can tell. Didn’t really need anything at all. Apart from a nice home in the tropical southwest

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Makes even more of a mockery of it featuring so much in their branding and advertising then! It looks like a lovely period example, I think the climate nearer London would however provide a more favourable home ;)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Colour can make a difference. To my eyes the green car looks strong and built of heavier gauge metal than the light blue metallic car. Should I see a doctor?

Just thicker paint. Here's the same green on the 2017 Paris-Peking rally.

Attachments

• DSC_0078.JPG
    DSC_0078.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    370 KB · Views: 20