Wheel Bearings

Geoff-R

Club Member
Hi all,

Rebuilding my suspension at the moment and I need to source some bearing kits, front and rear. Where would be the best place to source them? I'm guessing it's best to replace the dust covers as well rather than reuse? Cheers.

Farmer42

Club Member
I presume you are talking about Strut Bearings and dust covers for an S30. If so, try Mike at MJP. If he doesn't have them, Rock Auto.

Geoff-R

Club Member
Doh!:banghead: Just noticed the title of the post WHEEL BEARINGS!!!

Either way, my answer is the same - MJP or Rock Auto.

I appreciate the input either way :)

I'll be interested to see where you can get the best deal Geoff, please report back! :D

I've just been told by some of the guys in work that there's a place local to us that does bearings so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. One problem, they pressed my bearings out and chucked them in the bin. Does anyone know the specs of them?

Makesy

Club Member
@Geoff-R I got my rear bearings (inner and outer) from Rock Auto I think. They're still not on the car yet (because life!). I can take pics if need be?

Geoff-R

Club Member
Cheers for all your input. Will see what I can find in the UK tomorrow. Failing that, it's on to rockauto. Surprising even with delivery and duty they would be cheaper.

rock auto were over half the price of buying in the UK.......... Have fun doing them!

I'll get one of the guys in work to press them in for me. While I'd love to give it a go I'll probably end up damaging something by pressing them in at home.