What's the best option for an aftermarket exhaust manifold?

madda

Well-Known Forum User
Mine has a slight leak so I am considering going for a stainless steel one on my right hand drive car.

Am I safe getting one for a lhd car?

Does anyone have any other options?

Thanks in advance.

atomman

Club Member
I brought one of Sean' s Zstory exhausts for my LHD and I'm very happy with it , I think he just sells the manifold separate to,

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
+1 for Sean. I'm sure there are other good ones, but my Zstory exhaust is great quality.

Farmer42

Club Member
Would also be interested in the installer. Most of my exhaust is custom built SS but still have a stock manifold & downpipe. Struggling to afford Sean's or anything from the States.

Did they need a template to fabricate it? What sort of costs were involved?

Any pics?

madda

Well-Known Forum User
Sounds lovely indeed.

Is that a complete system? Do you mind sharing details of the installer;)

I already had a stainless steel standard looking system from the manifold back.

The manifold was completely custom made and took him more time than he expected so I don’t think he’ll rush to take on another. :) £350 and looks beautiful.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Could you share some pictures of the manifold with us please ?

Your exhaust note is very modest - what is the line set-up please ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
To be honest there is something wrong with an L6 if it doesn't sound amazing with a modified exhaust system. Your's is standard too isn't it Madda?

Have you driven it much yet - is there a noticeable power increase or change in characteristic e.g. rev-range?

madda

Well-Known Forum User
To be honest there is something wrong with an L6 if it doesn't sound amazing with a modified exhaust system. Your's is standard too isn't it Madda?

Have you driven it much yet - is there a noticeable power increase or change in characteristic e.g. rev-range?

Says above, only 10 miles on the new system bringing it home.

In terms of other mods, I’ve had the head worked, and the air box is modified but overall it’s near standard.

I don’t expect I’ll notice much difference, it tugs along nicely and I love the drive/sound. I’m fortunate enough to have an aircooled 911 and 625bhp M3 alongside it so if I want to go fast I won’t take the 240z

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I’m fortunate enough to have an aircooled 911 and 625bhp M3 alongside it so if I want to go fast I won’t take the 240z

Zs are for sensations, not outright speed as you obviously know - still be happy to see some photos of the manifold and line if willing to share please.

madda

Well-Known Forum User
As requested.

39151634024_841bae969b_b.jpg

25988368828_a45103bf65_b.jpg

I'm sure it's not perfect in terms of optimum performance but its going to much better than a blowing original one, plus it is gorgeous.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Yes, there's a lot of man-hours in that - you paid a very good price.

And your exhaust line please - maybe some photos when up on the ramp for its' MOT ?

madda

Well-Known Forum User
Yes, there's a lot of man-hours in that - you paid a very good price.

And your exhaust line please - maybe some photos when up on the ramp for its' MOT ?

Just missed. The last MOT of it's life was yesterday and I didn't take any pics from underneath as I had my baby with me.