What's it worth???

zedboy

Club Member
I have reached the reluctant decision that my 350Z is going to have to go later this year. We now have 2 children and a dog! and the 350 is a bit of a squeeze:D

However, I am uncertain as to how much it is worth??? Help!!! I have searched the Internet and the prices vary dramatically, so I would value your opinions/input.

Black
2004 (54 plate)
GT spec
63,000 miles
Very good condition (not a show car - used everyday)
Full Sevice History (Local Garage, not Nissan)
Stainless steel exhaust
Alloys recently refurbished

Mr.F

Inactive
Similar age car purchased locally (Essex) from a dealer, but with a few nice mods (exhaust, intake, plenum spacer, styled flaps) - £6200.

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
I got £5300 for mine....

2002 Jap Import (non GT spec), 68k miles, no history before me (except MOTs), but mine had the BIG Akebona brake kit and coilovers :) Buyer is building a full track car out of it now.

zedboy

Club Member
Why do they vary so much? ... Similar cars on autotrader for between 5500 and 9000???

Confused.com!!!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
My estimate £5k but try for more obviously. It is 11 years old but the ASKING prices do vary I agree. How much did you pay for it and how long ago. I lost about 1.5k each year on my 350 and losing about 2k per year on my 370.

I tend to sell things cheaply though i.e. what I would want to pay for them.

Has it got Rays wheels - I thought all GTs had Rays but seen a few when looking just with base wheels?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Why do they vary so much? ... Similar cars on autotrader for between 5500 and 9000???

Confused.com!!!

They must be going up in value then? If so why? One thing in your car's favour is the cheaper road tax than later cars..

Who is going to pay £9k for an 11 year old 350Z?

Put 350Z in ebay and have a look at 'Sold Listings' - an option in the columns on the Left Hand Side (bottom).

Last edited by a moderator:

zedboy

Club Member
Hi Rob,

I bought it in August 2008... Think I paid about 13k for it. It doesn't have Rays (I don't like them personally). Not all GTs have Rays.

I've been offered 5500 trade in... But think I could get more selling private. I am confident in the car and think one of its selling points is that it hasn't been meddled with!!! It really is a lovely car and I will be very sad to see it go.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Rob,

I bought it in August 2008... Think I paid about 13k for it. It doesn't have Rays (I don't like them personally). Not all GTs have Rays.

I've been offered 5500 trade in... But think I could get more selling private. I am confident in the car and think one of its selling points is that it hasn't been meddled with!!! It really is a lovely car and I will be very sad to see it go.

I said that about Rays until I bought some AND THEY ARE SO LIGHT - wider too at the rear. If you get £6k after nearly 7 years you can't complain, that's just £1k a year depreciation.

I sold my 2004 350Z in 2010 for £6,650.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
:DSince moving to Yorkshire I have become incredibly tight! Ha ha:D

My daughter lives in Yorkshire and I like the place - fair, honest people a bit like me ;) They don't want to pay a lot but they don't charge a lot either - old school.

johnymd

Club Member
You could do what I do to find out exactly what somethings worth. Stick it on ebay with a 99p starting price and no reserve. If listed accurately it will then sell for exactly what it is worth at the time of listing. If it sells for less than you thought then it wasn't worth what you thought.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I dont think 5500 is too bad, for no hassle

Agreed.

You could do what I do to find out exactly what somethings worth. Stick it on ebay with a 99p starting price and no reserve. If listed accurately it will then sell for exactly what it is worth at the time of listing. If it sells for less than you thought then it wasn't worth what you thought.

I'll bid on it :devil:

Stockdale

Club Member

Ebay tends to be something of a dumping ground for things that are otherwise difficult to sell. I wonder that you might best advertise the car on more relevant sites or publications? I gather from my immediate relative in the trade that black is no longer popular but then it can easily be changed. The mileage is however low and they are undeniably very good looking 'if thirsty' cars. Due to their complexity they perhaps will never be regarded as classics. That said I would like to own one!!:)

zedboy

Club Member
Ebay proposal sounds a bit risky....ha ha. I'm happy to do it if you will chip in and make up the difference! :D

Stockdale - you could own one (a black one - which is by far the best colour for all cars!) for a little over £5500 (let's just round it up to £7000 - mates rates!) :thumbs:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Stockdale - you know you want it!

350Zs IMO are great cars let down by the quality of the interior and the rear strut brace which severely limits luggage space.

They drive nicely and sound better than a 370Z (both with standard exhausts). The 350Z is not too thirsty - surely Stockdale you can remember cars that returned far worse mpg figures! My 370Z gives me 28.5 ALL the time and my 350Z gave me about 2 mpg more. The 370Z is quicker (but you don't need it to be) and much nicer inside. The 350Z is quieter inside.

One day will the 350Z and 370Z be classics? I hope so Nissan deserves credit for them.

Stockdale - you know you want it!

350Zs IMO are great cars let down by the quality of the interior and the rear strut brace which severely limits luggage space.

They drive nicely and sound better than a 370Z (both with standard exhausts). The 350Z is not too thirsty - surely Stockdale you can remember cars that returned far worse mpg figures! My 370Z gives me 28.5 ALL the time and my 350Z gave me about 2 mpg more. The 370Z is quicker (but you don't need it to be) and much nicer inside. The 350Z is quieter inside.

One day will the 350Z and 370Z be classics? I hope so Nissan deserves credit for them.

I think the 350z will, the 370z will be more a 280zx:rofl:

zedboy

Club Member
Decided I can't let the 350 go just yet...I'm going to get a few more months out of it first and maybe sell privately.