Whats an immaculate 260z RB25 worth?

big rex 2

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Guys,

I'm bringing back a 260z with RB25 conversion from California in November and I want to know what it's worth, I intend on enjoying it for a while but in the end it will be sold after a 6 months and I don't fancy losing any money.
The car is black and finished to a very high standard and could easily make a look a show car.

No rust,
polybushed through out,
very nice black paint job,
rb25det with recipets and warrented mileag,e
4 pots up front,
new shocks and springs,
17 inch rota rbr,
I will be adding zg arches,

I was thinking this sort of car would be worth £16000 (am I being unrealistic)

I haven't put any pics up because I haven't paid for the car yet and I don't want to alert the world to its location and price ;)

johnymd

Club Member
Difficult to say as there's not many been sold over hear. Most hybrids tend to be built rather than bought. You never really know what your getting when someone else has put it together and as its all custom work, you are relying on the choices made by the builder. Plus without a full spec you couldn't price it anyway.

Putting a RB engine in a Z is relatively easy. Selecting the additional parts to make it work well and stay together is a whole different matter and will add a considerable amount to the cost of the car.

Good luck and cant wait to see another hybrid in the UK.

big rex 2

Well-Known Forum User
I see where you are coming from, all the extra bhp and torque going through old an old prop and diff,

probably isn't going to last that long if built incorrectly. I will try and get the full specs up on the car tomorrow.

Tin hat on.... If it's American built I can't imagine it being As well resolved as some of the cars on this forum. Also the power reading will be 25% over what it is :)

If you base it on being worth the same as an average condition normal 260 and go from there?