What year did Datsun start using wood inlay in door cards?

Dougs260z

Club Member
What year did Datsun start using wood inlay in door cards? You can see from this early Jap 240z there is no wood inlay.

Attachments

• Porsche_Truck_Angel-10110.jpg
    Porsche_Truck_Angel-10110.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 81

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Freedom to do what - I'm confused....

The gearlever was always inlaid with wood buit '74 with the 260Z I guess.

chris frizzell

Club Member
when i got my 280z the boot and cabin was full off rat and mouse crap but if that young lady was in my car wood would be nice if only a little cramped

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Personally I'd be annoyed with her lack of respect for the car!!!!!! Get those feet off the wheel you heathen!

chris frizzell

Club Member
great does anyone wish to sell there car for full 1972 price if in 1972 condition new or better .waiting for your phone calls to arrang car pick up cash or cheque waiting

Dougs260z

Club Member
I kept telling Sean's daughter to keep her feet off the wheel but you know how young people are these days!
Freedom tattoo is bad enough, what about the other tattoo, "everything with boyfriend" she must mean cooking, cleaning and general housework.

Personally I'd be annoyed with her lack of respect for the car!!!!!! Get those feet off the wheel you heathen!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Ah, if we're talking about that wood look strip, my 74 260 does indeed have that too [emoji4]
But what does that lever do that's set into the wood strip there on the right? I've never seen one of those before.

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
My car is a fairlady z 2/2 and the levers are for the passengers to open the doors when seated in the back.

Attachments

• IMAG0393.jpg
    IMAG0393.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 6

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Ah, thanks. Is that unique to 2/2 or do you know I'd 2+2 have the same?