What seats fit in a 240Z ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm sure I saw some Jag XJS seats in a 240 at the Gold Cup Oulton Park. I think there are 2 versions and only the smaller ones fit. They looked almost original fit.

JK240

Club Member
I'm sure I saw some Jag XJS seats in a 240 at the Gold Cup Oulton Park. I think there are 2 versions and only the smaller ones fit. They looked almost original fit.
Yep, I spoke to the same chap at Tatton park - can't remember his name though :eek:

His car came originally from my local Nissan dealer, it still had the rear window sticker in it.

rallymanDP

Well-Known Forum User
The Recaro-built seats from the 80's & 90's Astra GTE brigade are pretty cheap and plentiful in the Breaker's yards, and if you can re-cover them in a more 70's finish, it presents a very comfortable option.

The restricting factor is the width of a 240Z/260Z, i.e what you can fit in between the Transmission tunnel & the inner sills.

richiep

Club Member
Yep, I spoke to the same chap at Tatton park - can't remember his name though :eek:

His car came originally from my local Nissan dealer, it still had the rear window sticker in it.

That is Dave Holland - the XJS seats in his no.1 240Z look great. They fit very well IMO - the mounts required a bit of fabrication to make them work.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
T
The restricting factor is the width of a 240Z/260Z, i.e what you can fit in between the Transmission tunnel & the inner sills.

Worse still on the later S30 shells due to the extra hump in the transmission tunnel passenger (left hand) side.

Tel240z has Mazda MX5 seats which look the part.

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
sean.
i have a nice period datsun competition style seat available for sale. brand new. direct from japan.
i'll post pics later if you want.

tel240z

Club Member
Worse still on the later S30 shells due to the extra hump in the transmission tunnel passenger (left hand) side.

Tel240z has Mazda MX5 seats which look the part.

Thanks Rob like these i did in fact fit 2 passenger seats, better quallity

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    375.4 KB · Views: 50