What is this 911 worth?

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
No such thing as a cheap fix on a 911.

Sills will extend to inner sills, floors and kidney bowls.

Engine work is double dear too

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
No such thing as a cheap fix on a 911.

Sills will extend to inner sills, floors and kidney bowls.

Engine work is double dear too

Thanks for the reply.

Is it about the right price then?

I'm expecting a 'rush' of bids but if not........

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for the reply.

Is it about the right price then?

I'm expecting a 'rush' of bids but if not........

it’s a cheap 911 but bidding isn’t over

6 yrs ago I bought a very nice genuine 1979 SC. Gave 8k for it. Was cheap even then tbh

Robbie J

Club Member
they have not stated how bad the rust is but included the sills?

It's likely going to need a lot of work underneath, if you can make the metalwork great otherwise it's not viable.

Porker parts are not cheap, I speak from personal experiance

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yep it could be a nightmare however I reckon it would be worth storing but I don't have space. Its a 911 at Datsun money.

However a few hours to go yet.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yeah a lot can be hiding under those sill covers. A decent RHD can be had for around £40k so 20k of fixes would put it squarely in that territory.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Especially after a glass or two of something...EXTRA:D

Impact bumper, 2.7 and LHD...?

You'd hate it I think Rob..!!

I think I'd quite like it. I like 6 cylinder engines. I like rear engines (had 3 VWs and 2 Imps), I loved my beetle in the snow, I like the aircooled sound and most of all I'd like the £ appreciation.

These were a good rally 'tool' at the same time as the Datsun.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yeah a lot can be hiding under those sill covers. A decent RHD can be had for around £40k so 20k of fixes would put it squarely in that territory.

Yes but a Datsun has just the same issues at that price.

LHD is ok for a Porsche - like a Lancia Integrale.

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
It looks cheap, but it certainly looks rough. As said, you will probably spend £30,000 doing this car to the standard you would want. You are better off getting a 1987 model onwards with a 3.2 engine and the five speed box, or from 1990 a 964 which is a better model again. If you are looking for one go on the website collectingcars.com which is an auction place and plenty of Porsches appear on there for auction.

atomman

Club Member
Depends how much it goes for really Rob, I've had a few early cars , parts are expensive compared to other marques , but they are repo'in quite a few parts now , if you can do stuff yourself it makes it much cheaper as most shops charge a fortune , even if that are not 'Porchse' shops ,

I still keep an eye on them as do fancy another , but my money would be on importing one as most people just do that then stick the price up , prob a 70's car then backdate it

they can still be had for decent money if you know where to look

Robbie J

Club Member
If you like it give him a call, his number is on there, you can tell something about the car talking to them