What Brand tyres do you have...

JK240

Club Member
Don't know about their classic range but we sell plenty of the Vredestein wintac 4 winter tyres, they're quality.

racer

Club Member
When I had my M3 the, guys on the forums used thier performance tyres and spoke highly of them.

rallymanDP

Well-Known Forum User
Most of the field in the Historic Monte Carlo Rally which starts tomorrow are on the Vredenstein Icetrak tyres as JK describes - just the perfect compromise for long Motorway legs and then snow in the Mountains.
So, it suggests that their regular Road tyres are going to be just as effective for all other conditions.

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
I ran 175/70 x 14 Michelin Alpins on my Fulvia HF for the classic trial stuff, even did a hillclimb on them, so rate them highly. Most of the winter tyres have softer rubber compounds, so while they wear a bit, you get great grip, and lets face it most of us aren't doing high mileage in our Zs anyway. Didn't like Pirelli P2500s which were meant to be Pirellis equivalent, much less grip on wet roads than the Michelin.

z-spec

Well-Known Forum User
i have 215/70-14 BF Goodridge , for classic Monte (whits i did two times) Winter trail , i would prefere Nokian winter.

Stevie P

Well-Known Forum User
Seems Vredestein only do the 175 in 80 profile, I'll have to rethink.

All recommendations useful.

Steve

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
185 70 14 Avon cr6zz. Competition tyres.
Supposed to be very good.
That's what I'm fitting to the car in a few weeks when it comes back.

rallymanDP

Well-Known Forum User
They are what we used to have to use on the Historic Tarmac Rally cars in the UK, Rahail.
They look just like something you would see on an old Bedford van from the 70's and are ridiculously expensive.
Also pretty useless in the wet, due to the tread pattern. You will be alright, though, 'cos it never rains in Bradford, does it ?

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
They are what we used to have to use on the Historic Tarmac Rally cars in the UK, Rahail.
They look just like something you would see on an old Bedford van from the 70's and are ridiculously expensive.
Also pretty useless in the wet, due to the tread pattern. You will be alright, though, 'cos it never rains in Bradford, does it ?

Expensive,yes.
But you get what you pay for, most of the times with tyres.
And pretty good in the wet for a road legal competition tyre IMO.
How many of us drive our 240's when its p******g it down??

And Bedford van? Really Duncan?
We are talking about a standard 1970's size tyre, not some super wide low profiles.
These are the same size tyres as mine fitted to a 7" magnesuim works wheel.
I'll let the members see the "ice cream van connection???" :confused::confused:

Attachments

• 14%20inch%20CR6ZZ%20on%20KS%20rep-2.jpg
    14%20inch%20CR6ZZ%20on%20KS%20rep-2.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 27