Welded Diff!!

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Well i finally fitted my welded diff and after reading and taking in all the comments about don't drive it on the road and it's awful/ great hardly different from normal I can say, I don't like it, the locked diff has bearing noise which comes and goes but is a pig to turn feels like your driving with the handbrake on!
What amazes me is what a difference it has made to the steering it is now super springy and self centres very strongly. That said, it is great fun and put it on lock let the clutch out and it turns on the spot like an F1 car I've been shredding an old pair of tyres over the last couple of days and the diff has held up well after 3 burn outs and countless round sugary things.. It would be great for drag starts as the car just launches alot better than with the open diff and in the dry powers out of turns well, but in the wet nearly spun it on the first roundabout.. but I don't fancy driving it all the way to the pod like it maybe I'll hire a trailor and test it properly.
I think I will do a vid of the car messing with the locked diff and then swop in the next open one for now untill I can save some pennies for a Lsd.:driving:

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Oh I see, I got plenty round here, don't worry, need to remove fun diff before it gets me in trouble!!