weekend in France anyone?

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Fancy a long weekend in France?
8th-11th June 2007

We are teaming up with the Z Club of France to arrange a weekend away in the LoireValley next year. More details to follow but book your annual leave NOW!

The weekend will start on Friday 8th June with a welcome meal and chance to settle in. During the weekend you will get to experience some delights of the LoireValley as well as chill out beside the swimming pool.
For those that want to make a longer holiday the following weekend is Le Mans 24 hour race (approx 11/2 hour drive from the Z Club base), there will be a few of us moving onto Le Mans and you would be more than welcome to join us.

For cheap ferry/tunnel deals it is better to book early as prices tend to increase the closer you get to June.
Sea France
DoverCalais approx £63 return one car two adults leaving Thursday returning Tuesday. The drive from Calais to the Loire is approx 5-6 hours (depending on the Z!!)
www.seafrance.com

L&D ferries are a very cheap alternative to Brittany or P&O sailing from Portsmouth to Le Harve which is approx a 4 hour drive from the Z Club base.
Example Leaving Thursday 7th June (overnight crossing) returning Tuesday 12th June
One car and 2 adults Total price £69
www.LDlines.co.uk
0870 428 4335

If you are interested in this weekend please contact myself or Sean Dezart Suzy Threadgold – suzy.huntley@bristol.ac.uk
Sean Dezart – seanz@wanadoo.fr

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I can't as I'll be heading to Le Mans only a few days later and will need my cash for the petrol!

Shame!

Russ

Club Member
Oh right it's close to Le Mans?? Or is this supposed to tie into it?? I have already promised myself to Monsieur Dezart with Z for then.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Book Sean in for that! but he aint got a passport. yes a weekend in France,that'll be right up his street! DJ'DunkirkDouglas'60.:D

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
ties in with Le Mans

Z Club meeting from Friday 8th June til Monday 11th
Tuesday 12th - Day Off
Wednesday 13th off to le Mans to set up camp and catch evening practice

Tony if you can't do the Z Club meeting we can always meet up at le Mans

daves_new_zx

Well-Known Forum User
This might be a really stupid/dumb question, but I'll ask anyway :D
Would this be a camping experience? ;) Or are we talking accommodation?

I only ask for anyone who might be wondering ;)

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
There will be a choice of accomodation (I'm getting some prices together)
you will have the choice of camping (with electical hook up if required and clean and tidy showers and loos).
Or static caravans - to check out the site and accomodation go to www.loire-holidays.co.uk

qunvat

Well-Known Forum User
i'll be en France from around 23 may til 9 or 10th june!...dont know exactly where on those dates though......would be good to hook up...Si

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
We're staying here :

http://www.loire-holidays.co.uk/index.htm (bar, resto. B-B-Q, piscine)

Choose mobile homes or camping !

And we're gonna visit this :

http://www.puydufou.com/fr/

on Saturday evening - the best night show in Europe !

And will probably kart a little here :

http://www.bocaspeed.fr/accueil.php

plus a touring convoy, a welcome B-B-Q the Friday night, prizes for cars and don't forget Le Mans 24 Hours :

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/actu/2006-09-26_NC_1166_fr.html

Info and questions, either Suzy or muself !

Going already are 20 adultes and 4 children plus some Dutch and the French haven't woken up yet so come along and enjoy some space, sunshine, good food and wine and great company !

Inexpensive ferrys are LDlines, speed ferries, SeaFrance, Norfolk Line and Euro tunnel - look at all their websites for promotions !

funkysi

Well-Known Forum User
I am very much liking the idea of this. Shall be subbing soon. But would be interested in attending this.

I'd probably go via St.Malo from Portsmouth than drive that miserable stretch over to Dover.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Portsmouth to Le Havre - LDLines (cheaper) !

Mind you, last week, I drove from Derby to Dover in 3 1/2 hours ! And then Dunkirk to my place in 6 (cruise control in France on at 85mph most of the way). Cruise control not possible on UK M-ways !

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
funkysi said:
I am very much liking the idea of this. Shall be subbing soon. But would be interested in attending this.

I'd probably go via St.Malo from Portsmouth than drive that miserable stretch over to Dover.
I am also seriously considering this one as my week of freedom!! :unsure:
BUT I have to be back for a special birthday on 16th so no LeMans tho':rolleyes:
I'd probably go via St.Malo from Portsmouth too as this seems like the best combo. Brittany Ferries is £210.00 but still looking.....Wot is everyone else doing??.. I can feel a poll coming on...:D

EDIT: Just seen this: Portsmouth Le harvre is £68.00 Club class seat.....

Last edited by a moderator:

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Myself and Chris, Nick/Michelle and kids and Pete and Charlotte have all booked on the overnight crossing from Portsmouth for Thursday 7th June - so I think we can say we have a convoy!!
There should be another 2/3 cars joining us on that ferry crossing as well.

The crossing is with L&D ferries, leaving Portsmouth at 11.00pm (or 23.00) 7th June and we get into le Harve at about 7.30am. It will then be approx 3/4 hours drive to the campsite.

Hope Rob and funky you can make it as well.

The others have booked to return on Tuesday the 12th at 5.00pm (17.00) which will get you into to Portsmouth at about 21.00 but there will be some of us staying on at the campsite and moving onto Le Mans.

Accomadation - I now have costings

Camping (no electric hook up)
13 euros per night (approx £9.20) or 12 euros for 3 or more nights

Caravan/camping with electric hook up
15 euros per night (approx £10.70) or 14 euros for 3 or more nights

Mobile home (sheets not provided)
50 euros per night (approx£35) or 45 euros for 3 or more nights.
The mobile homes are a minium of 2 bedroomed (you can request 3 bedroom ones). you can check them out at www.loire-holidays.co.uk, they are self contained units with there own kitchen/shower/living room.
Bed linen can be provided for an extra 5 euros per person

If you want a mobile home let me know as I will have to book this up for you.

funkysi

Well-Known Forum User
Sounds great Suzy. Although I may end up making my own way down on the Friday night or Saturday if I do come along.

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
suzy said:

Mobile home (sheets not provided)
50 euros per night (approx£35) or 45 euros for 3 or more nights.
The mobile homes are a minium of 2 bedroomed (you can request 3 bedroom ones). you can check them out at www.loire-holidays.co.uk, they are self contained units with there own kitchen/shower/living room.
Bed linen can be provided for an extra 5 euros per person

If you want a mobile home let me know as I will have to book this up for you.
Are these rates per van or per bed space i.e. need to share?? :eek:
4 nights = 180 euros + 5 for bed linen? Interested in a bed that will give me some comfort!! :D If sharing - anyone else considering? (BTW I snore!!):rolleyes:

chunk

Im not normal
Club Member
I actually thought id replied to this ages ago, guess not haha!

I should be up for it, hopefully have the slicktop finished by then, if not will i be allowed in my S14a??

Ta

Rich

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
rsj - the rates are per mobile home NOT per bed !

funkysi - f you come down the Saturday morning and leave on Monday - where's your weekend gone ? And how will you find us on Saturday morning - we aint gonna lounge around the pool waiting for you..... ;-)