Webuyanycar etc etc etc

status

Well-Known Forum User
Has anyone heard or know if there is a shortage of second hand cars,I tried to do a px for a petrol 335 i BMW estate which was a bit overpriced.The dealer would only offer 18 k against my Z 4 M coupe which is a low mileage fully loaded beast so I declined.He said there is a shortage of second hand cars so they are importing German cars ect from Japan where they are higher speced than wot us peasants over here get,one of my Imprezas is jdm so yeah I get that ,anyway I tried WBAC .com,Wizzle,Motorway ect and they are all offering good money,yeah j know they will try and knock you when they turn up but mine is mint so anyone trying to sell their car it might be worth a sniff,I think I’m gonner go with one of this lot and see wot happens

M-j-b

Club Member
Yes there is a massive shortage, a friend of mine is in the second hand car auctions business, as an auctioneer for national dealers. They have not been seeing cars come through the usual p/x route throughout covid.

Not a clue where they're going but cars are increasing in value generally.

Last year between lockdowns I sold a 63 BMW 320 efficient dynamics with 170k on the clock for £7k which was full spec but a lot of miles...
great for me :)

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
WBAC are offering great prices, if you’re car is in excellent condition they really don’t knock you down either. My friend took his Focus RS there the other week, he would have struggled to get privately what they were offering. I almost did the same with my 507 edition but it’s recently sold privately for a little more.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Mark they are quite close to my asking price,if I take a small hit on the price I get I’ll easily make it up if I was to sell one of my scoobies as they are going for stupid money if they are any good,I’d get 5 k more than I paid for mine 3 years ago probably more,
Seems like it’s a goer,my Z4 is mint

Attachments

• 06B4F39F-5B53-4CE4-80E4-DFA521436C27.jpeg
    06B4F39F-5B53-4CE4-80E4-DFA521436C27.jpeg
    550 KB · Views: 17

JK240

Club Member
Yes there is a massive shortage, a friend of mine is in the second hand car auctions business, as an auctioneer for national dealers. They have not been seeing cars come through the usual p/x route throughout covid.

Not a clue where they're going but cars are increasing in value generally.

Last year between lockdowns I sold a 63 BMW 320 efficient dynamics with 170k on the clock for £7k which was full spec but a lot of miles...
great for me :)

Agreed, there is a massive shortage of good retail second hand cars. Demand for both new and used cars since June last year has been incredible and now due to a shortage of new product coming through for several different reasons part exchanges have dried up and prices are rising steadily. Not sure how long it will last, but LR product lead times are all 1st quarter next year now....

JK

status

Well-Known Forum User
Mark they are quite close to my asking price,if I take a small hit on the price I get I’ll easily make it up if I was to sell one of my scoobies as they are going for stupid money if they are any good,I’d get 5 k more than I paid for mine 3 years ago probably more,
Seems like it’s a goer,my Z4 is mint

status

Well-Known Forum User
They’ve offered me almost a couple of grand less than I wanted but as I said my scoobies are going for stupid money now,think people are jumping on them as the skylines are out of most peoples reaches

status

Well-Known Forum User
Just got it out to do some pictures,not sure if I can force myself to sell it,might sell the 260z instead

Bazzateer

Club Member
My youngest brother manages a WBAC depot on the South Coast. If you're honest about the condition of your car when you complete the online forms then you should be fine. The people who complain about being knocked down on the price once the car has been seen by WBAC are usually the ones who were less than honest.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah your right there BAZZ ,thing is I’ve got too many cars and when I get em out to play I can’t bear the thought of selling them,bit like my mate Jonm with his Zeds,he hates selling them so now I know exactly how he feels but having an extra 22 k just under in yer back pocket also feels nice

toopy

Club Member
now I know exactly how he feels but having an extra 22 k just under in yer back pocket also feels nice

But unless you want to spend it on something else immediately, or would prefer it to sit in the bank earning sod all interest, you might as well keep'em and enjoy the appreciation ;)

status

Well-Known Forum User
I’ll probably get another scooby as they are going up fast but then again I’ve also been looking at another Zed,probably get premium bonds and put em in the missus name