Weber's on eBay

atomman

Club Member
The second set in as many weeks just sold on eBay for £510.00 + £20 P & P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/classic-d...nUZAJ1rpCSDc%2BdoMrMw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Both sets have been stored for years and need a rebuild with no info on jet sizes, choke, emulsion tube, carb type etc..etc..

I'm just wondering if they seem like a fair price ? sure I've seen new set ups for about £1200 ?

if you did the work yourself, a rebuilt kit will cost you £20 each and jets and emulsion tubes soon add up when there's 6 of everything,

not sure about the race set up ? split manifold so that its quicker the take off ?

seem's like they used the same pattern for both outer manifold's to me, instead of making one big one, like I did with mine, I could be wrong though,

Gary

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yeh, I saw those but any old carbs stored for 18 years are going to be a bit difficult to get back to good order surely?

The three-piece manifold story is salesman's patter I reckon. Why can't you just take a faulty carb off without the manifold?

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
These will require a complete strip-down and sonic cleaning with new gaskets to make them work properly and then there is no guarantee the jetting is anywhere near, another £200 at best.

richiep

Club Member
To do a decent job of the rebuild (given how dirty they are), even if strip and reassembly is DIY, they'd benefit from being professionally vapour blasted too. So another XX amount of money to factor in. Plus, the three piece manifold looks rather dubious IMO too. Surely that's got to be dodgy for linkage alignment?

I was so lucky with my triple Dellortos. £150 for the set from the US and they had already been blast cleaned. Just needed the rebuild kits and the correct jetting when rolling road-ed. Plus the OCD-based mirror polish bling job I did of course!...

richiep

Club Member
Those Dellortos looked better, although funky manifold again! Certainly looked like they'd be an easier clean up and rebuild. Plus Dellortos are a bit more sophisticated than the Weber equivalents, which adds a bit of value IMO (more fine-tuneable, better progression stage design).

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
There used to be a guy on eBay called alfaman I think and he used to have rebuilt dellortos all the time for fair money.
To be honest unless it was a decent inlet manifold and the carbs had some history with them then that might be fair price.when they have been stored in a shed things tend to seize up.(referring to the ones on eBay)

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
There used to be a guy on eBay called alfaman I think and he used to have rebuilt dellortos all the time for fair money.
To be honest unless it was a decent inlet manifold and the carbs had some history with them then that might be fair price.when they have been stored in a shed things tend to seize up.(referring to the ones on eBay)

Alfa1750: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ALFA1750S-CARBURETORS-PARTS-STORE?_rdc=1

Has triple sets for about £650 jetted as you wish.
I get my jets & even advice from him. Very helpful chap.

richiep

Club Member
I forgot about him. I think I may have had stuff from him in the past. He's got a set of triple DHLA 40s on for 600 quid with choice of jetting/chokes. Not bad at all these days. He mentions he will have 45s soon too.