Weber/Weber Style Intake Manifold | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Weber/Weber Style Intake Manifold

Discussion in 'Parts and Other Items Wanted' started by IbanezDan51, Dec 7, 2018 at 10:32 AM.

1. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51 Active Forum User

Looking for a good used or new Weber style intake for my project build.

Thanks
    Dan

2. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

What is a Weber-style inlet manifold please ?

3. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Committee Member

One with the dcoe spacing and stud pattern I would expect.
    Surely everyone understands this Sean.

IbanezDan51 likes this.
  4. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

I confess to not knowing that not all triple carb manifolds were compatible with Weber DCOe carbs - no.

So which brands accept triple Webers and which don't Jon ?

5. IbanezDan51

As above DCoe spacing and stud pattern. All aftermarket inlet manifolds for the L series engine are probably that type tbh.

6. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator

Only teasing Sean ,
    Yeah, as Dan says, I think all twin choke side draught carburettors that are fitted to L engines are dco pattern.
    I'm not sure there are any twin choke side drafts that are not dco actually. Anyone know better?

7. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

8. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator

Did you look at the new Mangoletsi manifolds Dan? Meant to be very good.

9. IbanezDan51

Have you got a link Jon?

10. IbanezDan51

11. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

for throttle bodies?

12. Albrecht

Albrecht Well-Known Forum User

Watch out for two different sizes of spacing. There's the common 40mm pattern (most 40mm, 44mm and 45mm SD carb bodies fit) and then there's the 50mm pattern (most 48mm and 50mm SD carbs fit). Not interchangeable.

When buying (especially) used Japanese market inlet manifolds, watch out for head-side bore on manifolds made for L20A/L20AE engines, which will often need a lot of work to open them up to match the common L24/L26/L28 heads.

Watch out too for manifolds that were originally designed for sedan type cars (Skyline/Laurel/Cedric etc etc) as they tend to be shorter (smaller engine bays) and 'stepped' up (engines mounted lower than in Z). Not necessarily a big problem, but they can interfere with some accessories or have other unforseen effects.

You can't really go wrong with the basic Harada Shokai castings. You can make up your own linkage if you prefer.

IbanezDan51 and jonbills like this.
  13. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

In addition to the refinement RHDJapan is extending a celebration campaign discount for our absolute best prices ever!
    ~Jan 7 2019

Better to wait for the January sales then ?

IbanezDan51 likes this.
  14. IbanezDan51

Yes buddy

15. IbanezDan51

Thank you Alan...! I’m in no rush to buy one so just keeping my eyes peeled currently. You may get a pm before I hit the buy it now button on a manifold!

16. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator

That's good to know. My friend keeps offering me 50 DCOEs. So +£500 for a manifold if I did....

17. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

You can get the Harada for 50s for £292 plus shipping at the mo from RHDJapan, with a further 6% off with the current promo.

Dan - the Cannon manifold on my red Z is shortly going to be for sale as I switch to the Harada. Has a nice cosmetic mirror polish finish on the outside and is port matched.

18. IbanezDan51

I’m not usually a polished/bling fan but I’d be happy to buy it from you if you could provide a couple pictures Rich, if not I may well look at that Harada one. Everyone seems to be rating them fairly well.

Cheers
    Dan

19. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

I’ll send you some pics and details. As for Harada content, see my latest post in the “what did you do to to your Z...” thread. 40-45 size Kameari Harada arrived today (well yesterday - just haven’t gone to bed yet!).

20. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

There's a sale on until 7th Jan.