Watch GT Academy TODAY

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Dad just phoned to say he was watching a programme on TV I would be interested in. Only caught the last few minutes but:

On TV Channel 'Dave ja vu' at 12.30pm (lunchtime) TODAY is GT Academy featuring 350Z and GTRs. Drivers battle to get a place in a race team!

Also repeated TONIGHT on Dave at 7.30pm.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Didn't anybody watch it then?

Hopefuls from around Europe competing against each other at Silverstone in 350Zs (and GTRs) to get a drive in a RJN 350Z at the Bahrain 24hr race.

Dale

Club Member
Yeah, I caught it last night Rob.

It was quite interesting, but how bizarre that the initial qualifying to get to the Silverstone day was based on how fast they were playing on a computer game! Does that make a good driver? I'm buggered then. :eek:

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Does that make a good driver? I'm buggered then. :eek:

And conversely it would make me one of the worlds best (on Project Gotham on the XBox I was 7th in the world on the Paris road courses!). And in real life I'm still learning...

GZ32

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah, I caught it last night Rob.

It was quite interesting, but how bizarre that the initial qualifying to get to the Silverstone day was based on how fast they were playing on a computer game! Does that make a good driver? I'm buggered then. :eek:

There are more than a few drivers who have got thier experiance from winning online.
I beleive last years Clio champ was given the seat for winning online and now has a seat for the porche GT works team.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Bump! Motors TV tonight at 8.10!

Think this might be the first episode - I only saw the one where the finalists were selected.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
If you watch Motors TV - GT4 European Championship you will see the winner of the Academy racing - and bloody good he is too!

Plenty of 350Z action but in race 2 they both crash (not the Academy driver at the wheel but Alex Buncombe!)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Just watched the latest Euro GT4 Championship race. The 350Zs are doing well, surely someone else is interested or is it just me?

Russ

Club Member
Don't have Sky yet, but get my phone connected soon so I can get it. Soon as I have access I'll stick it on record and check it out.

Is the racing any good/close?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes the racing is very close and they are cars we can relate to, not 'supercars'.

In the last race the RJN 350 was really on the limit and breaking away at the rear under braking - bit like the 'bikes.

Paul_S

Club Member
I had the pleasure of Lucas (the GT Academy winner) driving me up the hill at Goodwood in a 370Z :thumbs:

He's a very nice chap and the car wasn't bad either!

Dale

Club Member
I would, but don't have that channel :(

*edit* Actually, I do! :eek:

Just watched round nine and ten from Zolder. The 350Z won the first race but failed to finish in the second. With only two races left the title is still up for grabs for them next weekend.

The Zolder rounds are repeated on Tuesday at 20:05 and Wednesday at 07:00.