Watanabe 40% off sale?

Robotsan

Club Member
Just seen this on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CpumqaNvzc3/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Can anyone confirm if it's legit or not? The account has 22k followers so surely it is?

What's confusing me is that I DMed them and they said please email admin@buynowjapan.com though - which appears to be another marketplace for the west to buy stuff off rakuten, yahoo Japan auctions etc. So that's weird.

The RS Watanabe website itself is confusing as it starts on http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp but then sometimes I'd find myself on https://www.falcon-d.com/ which seems to be a retailer - and on the Watanabe insta post they link to that site too.

I literally work with websites, but these sites are baffling me - they're on another level in terms of old fashioned/bad design!

Just found this post from @dotMorse - did you ever figure it out?

Jay.

Club Member
It's their official Instagram. They held one last December and Black Friday, too.

I've emailed them (buynowjapan) as I've been after a set of Watanabe's and the 40% offer is very tempting.

For peoples information, shipping is $350 by ground (6-10 weeks) and $600 by UPS (3-5 days)
A set of 4x 17" wheels is $1850.

Including taxes and import duty, you'll expect to pay around £2000-2500 delivered for a set depending on sizes and shipping type

Robotsan

Club Member
It's their official Instagram. They held one last December and Black Friday, too.

I've emailed them (buynowjapan) as I've been after a set of Watanabe's and the 40% offer is very tempting.

For peoples information, shipping is $350 by ground (6-10 weeks) and $600 by UPS (3-5 days)
A set of 4x 17" wheels is $1850.

Including taxes and import duty, you'll expect to pay around £2000-2500 delivered for a set depending on sizes and shipping type

Thanks Jay that's great. I think I'm going to pass for now, even with 40% off, a set of 2k Wats seems a bit overkill on my tatty 280z! Maybe one for the future.

richiep

Club Member
It probably clocks in less than that 2-2.5k if one goes for a more classic size wheel that the 17s. Aluminium R-type wheels in 15x8 et0 are, with the 40% off, Y33,000, i.e. £203. so £812 for a set of 4. Shipping ground £290, UPS £495. So, potentially as low as £1100 before tax and duty. The deal prices don't include any sales tax, but I don't think that 10% tax is applicable on products being exported.

Robotsan

Club Member
It probably clocks in less than that 2-2.5k if one goes for a more classic size wheel that the 17s. Aluminium R-type wheels in 15x8 et0 are, with the 40% off, Y33,000, i.e. £203. so £812 for a set of 4. Shipping ground £290, UPS £495. So, potentially as low as £1100 before tax and duty. The deal prices don't include any sales tax, but I don't think that 10% tax is applicable on products being exported.

Ok now you've got my attention! I've sent them an email. Thanks Rich!

Jay.

Club Member

Agreed it's cheaper, but be aware that the prices on the website are not necessarily honoured.

I was expecting (Y46,200+10%)*4 for the cost of the wheels, plus the shipping & duty/vat.... BNJ have quoted:

Unfortunately the Watanabe sites pricing is for only for wholesalers & JDM market shipping to Japanese address only

without including applicable taxes, inland shipping and the handling fees on each order.

I do apologize for this, but I sincerely hope you understand."

2pcs R type 17 x 9.0 offset +13, 4H-114.3 Std. Color Gunmetal Black Retail $770/ea = $924 (with 40% off)

2pcs R type 17 x 9.5 offset +19, 4H-114.3 Std. Color Gunmetal Black Retail $770/ea = $924 (with 40% off)"

This makes the price from an expected $385 including tax to increase to $462.. which multipled by 4 is an additional $300+ to the prices shown on the website.

Best bet is to email them - they responded within a few hours both times.

dotMorse

Club Member
Just seen this on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CpumqaNvzc3/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Can anyone confirm if it's legit or not? The account has 22k followers so surely it is?

What's confusing me is that I DMed them and they said please email admin@buynowjapan.com though - which appears to be another marketplace for the west to buy stuff off rakuten, yahoo Japan auctions etc. So that's weird.

The RS Watanabe website itself is confusing as it starts on http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp but then sometimes I'd find myself on https://www.falcon-d.com/ which seems to be a retailer - and on the Watanabe insta post they link to that site too.

I literally work with websites, but these sites are baffling me - they're on another level in terms of old fashioned/bad design!

Just found this post from @dotMorse - did you ever figure it out?
Yes. I ended up ordering from Buyitnowjapan and all worked out. Wheels dispatched after a wait of about a month as I wanted some that were typically not in stock.

Good communication throughout and arrived in perfect condition with extra packaging. Had to pay import duty of about £200 from memory. All in all they were about £1800 door to door but that was also with the watanabe lug nuts and wheel centres.

No complaints and a good service. Would still recommend paying the PayPal fees for the additional protection though.

dotMorse

Club Member
Found the original quote.

4x R-type 15 x 8.0 4H-114.3 Std.Retail $550/ea
Wheel price $1320(40% Off)
16 piece lug nuts $152
Center caps $88 (They come in only black/silver) Black is slightly different from the wheels color but they are the closest match and everyone fits them perfectly.
Shipping $520
Total $2080 or 239,200 in JPY.